NBD: 2000 American Fender Precision - Deep Blue Green

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maguire, Jan 14, 2013.

1. maguire

maguire Supporting Member

2000 Fender eBay find - arrived tonight! My finger has a nasty cut so I figured I'd post some pics, since I'm trying to heal. :rollno:

This entered my collection because i can't resist Lake Placid Blue, but the color is even deeper and richer (and slightly more green). Does anyone know the true Fender color name? Its really nice in person.

Build quality is excellent. The tone range is very responsive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In comparison to Lake Tahoe Blue:

[​IMG]
  2. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

Beautiful! It looks a lot like lake placid blue.
  3. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

I can't help you with the name of the color, but that is a great looking P bass!
  4. maguire

I know - in all the pics it looks like LPB! This has just a touch more green. I thought the seller was crazy when he said it was not LPB, but when I got it, I realized he's right - it's definitely not LPB.

It matches my 3DS perfectly.

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. maguire

This is my first American P - it seems like they had it right in 2000. Fit, finish, tone, electronics, everything seems spot on to me.

A little bit of neck dive, but a decent strap with some grip should keep it in place well enough.
  7. millsbass5

millsbass5

I like that better than LPB. It's more "bright" looking. Nice.
  8. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

It looks kind of like Cobalt Blue.
  9. PCR

PCR

That color is officially called Aqua Marine Metallic. Its my favorite color and favorite bass. I have been looking for a jazz in this colr to to sit w my P.

Enjoy

[​IMG]
  10. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

yup .. PCR has the color .. Aqua Marine Metallic, and it was only offered for two years, for 2000-01 ...

to the OP, with that low of serial # your bass would have been made probably in the Fall of 2000, like July/Aug, and considered the first run of the American SERIES ...

.. beautiful color on both basses pic'd ... nice dark rosewood boards too
  11. Soundchaser11460

Soundchaser11460 Previously joevcool Supporting Member

I thought this color was Tealburst.
  12. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Never really liked the aqua marine, but I've only ever seen it on jazz basses. It looks fantastic on a precision.
  13. maguire

Thank you PCR - it's awesome to see a sibling bass. The information is really appreciated!
  14. maguire

Thansk tjh for all of the information. I tried to dig around for information on these years, but couldnt find nearly as much info as you just provided!
  15. Teacher

Teacher

Wow, that thing is in beautiful condition! Congrats on finding a fairly rare bass in such fantastic shape!
  16. PCR

PCR

Ive seen a bunch of 2000 and 2001 Fender Bass. Mine and now Maguire's are the only MIA standards that Ive seen w such consistent dark rosewood.
  17. UnexplodedCow

UnexplodedCow

I know I'm really (months) late to this, but I have to say the color was uncommon, but optional, prior to 2000.

I know this because I own a 1998 P-Bass in Aqua marine metallic, and think I still have the tag for it floating around here somewhere. It was picked up new, and I may be able to get a copy of the receipt from the shop. I just don't recall the color being advertised in magazines, so it may have been an extra cost option.

Proof is in the pudding regarding the bass color; here's a shot the small collection I had a couple years ago. The bass was outfitted with some DiMarzio rail humbuckers, and a brass Hipshot string-through bridge.

Nevermind the other oddball guitars in the shot.
    [​IMG]
  18. highway

highway

:bag:

[​IMG]
  19. UnexplodedCow

UnexplodedCow

I really like that perloid pickguard on the Jazz. I can only imagine how one would look on a Precision of the same color (probably nice, and not an everyday look).
  20. highway

highway

:D

i really think that plain white guards should be illegal to own, use, or sell . . .
  21. SasquatchDude

SasquatchDude

Congrats!

Now a matching headstock would be positively tantalizing...