1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD: 2007 G&L L2500 Black n Maple, mmmmm!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shrigg, Mar 18, 2013.

1. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Always regretted selling my 1980 Hog L-2000E so I bought this L-2500. The minute I unpacked it and plugged it in all those fond L2K memories came rushing back.
    Man, I really love those MFD pickups and the ability to run passive with minimal tone loss is excellent.

The neck is a little chunkier than my SR5's was but it's totally playable with the same bridge spacing. At under 10.1 lb. I have a real winner here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Congrats nice looking beast!
    I have a clear red/maple fretboard 2008 L2000 that I will never let go of.
    Take Care,
    Brent
  3. joevcool

joevcool

Congrats.There might be a club you might want to join. 😀
  4. bassbenj

bassbenj

i'm having a GAS attack just looking at these pictures! (and I already own three L2500s!)

Mine are all under 10 lbs. I love that chunky G&L neck. I love chunky necks in general. But I also love the thin Ibanez necks. I love a P-bass wide neck! It's a Jazz neck I hate! Go figure!

It's obviously a keeper! :hyper:
  5. zachoff

zachoff

One too many strings, but rad! :D Love G&L... With all my heart and soul.

...and you can run passive w/o any tone loss. Take the battery out and the active/active/passive switch becomes an off/off/on switch. Good times.
  6. Wallace320

Wallace320

Enjoy it and forget all your pedalboards and stompboxes with its MFD ceramic humbuckers full throttle attack, I think you already know and love.

Cheers,
    Wallace

Where can you tell its 2007 origin from?
  7. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

It's stamped in the neck pocket.
  8. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

And the neck is quartersawn, even sweeter!

[​IMG]
  9. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Yeah man! I've been running without a battery exclusively.. Love it!
  10. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

I'm in love with this bass, still running passive FTW!
    Here's a live clip featuring John Davies from Boston, Mass:

11. jdthebassman

jdthebassman

Great player wish i could play like that lol
  12. jfh2424

jfh2424

Wow, great tone, great player!

Whenever I reach for a tone like that, I always think it's missing bottom and turn the treble down. But when I hear others do it, it sounds great. I guess it's all in your mind.

Thanks for posting! Is that your actual bass? If so, what strings are you running on it?

John
  13. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Yup, that's this actual bass played last week. No battery in the bass, both pickups on, everything up full (which is flat). Those MFD pickups are amazing!

Strings are the Dunlop set that were on the bass when I got it 5 months ago. I did replace the .120 with a matching .125 that I had which made the low B even better. I have a new set of 40-125 Black Label Sadowsky Stainless strings I've been wanting to try but it sounds too good already!

[​IMG]