1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD:2012 American Standard Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mojo8ass, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Mojo8ass

Mojo8ass Supporting Member

I am super pumped!! I really took my time and tried over 12 Jazz basses before I found this one. It's sounds amazing "custom shop pickups" . It has one of the best necks I've ever played! And is one of the lightest Fender's I've ever held @ 8.3 lbs!!:) most of the other jazz basses I tried were definitely much heavier.
    I'm going to post a demo really soon! Even though everyone knows what a Jazz bass sounds like..... But I'm excited!;)

Attached Files:

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Congrats! I love that color combination.
  3. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Congratulations, man. As I always tell people, the Fender American Standards from 2008 on are one of the surest bets and best values in bass-dom.
  4. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

Congratulations!

Very sexy. The 2012 models are excitement provoking.
  5. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Is that the Jade Green? I bought a Jade Green with a rosewood board and I love it. I can really tell a difference with the Custom Shop pickups. It seems deeper and less thin-sounding than many Jazz Basses I've owned or played.
    I'm still a P-Bass man at heart, though.
  6. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

Ordered one today in white/maple. Asked for 20% off at Music 123 and got it. $999 delivered. Looking forward to hearing the new pickups and feeling the less glossy neck (from what I've heard) compared to 2008-2011. Yours looks great.
  7. Mojo8ass

Yeah, it's Jade Green! I do like the colour but I bought the bass for its weights and tone!;) I notice a difference in the new pickups as well! I tried many basses before I found this one and it blew the 2011's out of the water in my opinion.
  8. Mojo8ass

That's a sweet deal man!! That's my favourite colour combo!
    Congrats!