NBD:2012 American Standard Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mojo8ass, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Mojo8ass

Mojo8ass

I am super pumped!! I really took my time and tried over 12 Jazz basses before I found this one. It's sounds amazing "custom shop pickups" . It has one of the best necks I've ever played! And is one of the lightest Fender's I've ever held @ 8.3 lbs!!:) most of the other jazz basses I tried were definitely much heavier.
    I'm going to post a demo really soon! Even though everyone knows what a Jazz bass sounds like..... But I'm excited!;)

Attached Files:

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Congrats! I love that color combination.

3. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Congratulations, man. As I always tell people, the Fender American Standards from 2008 on are one of the surest bets and best values in bass-dom.

4. Immigrant

Immigrant

Congratulations!

Very sexy. The 2012 models are excitement provoking.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Is that the Jade Green? I bought a Jade Green with a rosewood board and I love it. I can really tell a difference with the Custom Shop pickups. It seems deeper and less thin-sounding than many Jazz Basses I've owned or played.
    I'm still a P-Bass man at heart, though.

7. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

Ordered one today in white/maple. Asked for 20% off at Music 123 and got it. $999 delivered. Looking forward to hearing the new pickups and feeling the less glossy neck (from what I've heard) compared to 2008-2011. Yours looks great.

8. Mojo8ass

Mojo8ass

Yeah, it's Jade Green! I do like the colour but I bought the bass for its weights and tone!;) I notice a difference in the new pickups as well! I tried many basses before I found this one and it blew the 2011's out of the water in my opinion.

9. Mojo8ass

Mojo8ass

That's a sweet deal man!! That's my favourite colour combo!
    Congrats!