1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

NBD # 60 Fender Geddy Lee: Diary of a mad bass collector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rat Blitz, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Rat Blitz

Rat Blitz

Jan 6, 2009
    Well I finally made my magic number of basses (60 and only been playing 4 years) and it's probably time to consolidate just a "wee bit".
    I really wanted a Japanese Geddy (although I swear by a couple Mexican Fenders that I have) and I found the best price I've ever seen. They usually go for $700 to $800 used in Canada but I scooped up this baby for only $500. It's less than a year old and only has one small surface ding.
    And what people say about the neck is true .. Amazing feel and I love the big block markers (jury is still out on the sound but I need a bit more time to dial in the tone). It's surrounded by its cousins (80's Tokai and 90's Japanese). I'm not a big fan of black but when the price is right you have to jump (funny thing was I was planning on pickup up another Geddy this very same day for $150 more ... and I even thought $650 was a pretty good score.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Dig the Traynor Bassmaster back there - good Canadian!

5. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sounds a bit obsessive and perhaps unhealthy...more practicing and less collecting maybe?

6. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Or you know...he can do whatever the hell he wants.

7. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    dude...that jazz with the blocks and ashtray is awesome. Post more. I have 9. I know that if I had more money, I'd have at least 40 or so. If I'm ever in Canadia can i come by? :bassist:

8. Kilometers

Kilometers

Nov 7, 2012
    Every time I see a Geddy I feel like I need it even more. Such a nice looking instrument.

9. marcau

marcau

Sep 13, 2008
    60? I don't believe you...

Pics!!! :)

10. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    Mad bass collector? And I was beginning to think that I was the only one (got you beat by 2 years)!

11. And here I am, trying to explain to my family and friends that owning more than one bass is not too many.

12. wilfred

wilfred

Jun 17, 2012
    I thought the same thing lol.

13. When I saw this yesterday evening, I was a little surprised.

Now it's no big deal. Post back when you reach 100.:D

I agree with Epitaph04. Whatever floats yer boat.

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

C'mon...you got time...post more pics! Nice collection so far. Congrats!

15. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I hope I live long enough to get to that number. I'm at 12 and theres so much more basses I'd love to have...

16. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I've owned at least half that...just not all at once:crying:

17. I see your 500 and raise you my geddy bought with hsc for 300 US. I almost died when I walked away with it. Didn't sink in until it was safe at home