1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD 93 USA Fender Jazz Bass Plus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SirMjac28, Jan 25, 2014.

1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

So one day I was looking around at all of my basses and there were seven of them I wasn't playing at all some for years and I figured it was time to sell them and get some really nice replacements. I bought a total of three basses I'm going to have three NBD's rather than jam them all in one thread first up is a bass I've wanted for a long time played one at Guitar Center last year and fell in love but because I had so many basses I hesitated and the next day the bass was gone the price was stupid low because nobody knew what it was? ( still regret that one) so I bought this beautiful baby not a mark on her and she plays just as good as the other one I love those Kubicki preamps these basses are absolute monsters and I really love the fact it can be passive or completely "off" the fit and finish is some of the best work Fender has ever done.

Here are some pictures from the seller:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a video I found :

2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Thanks even the strings sound good.

4. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Those are great basses, they will probably be worth something in 40 years considering fender hasn't done much like it since.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, D'addario, Planet Waves
  7. SirMjac28

Thanks the finish looks better in person when I got it out of the box all of the latches were undone on the case and I was preparing myself to be pissed but it was in perfect shape plugged her in and she sounded beautiful.

8. SirMjac28

They are great basses I was blown away by the tone when I first tried one.

9. SlingBass4

SlingBass4 Supporting Member

Great looking find! Good players and sounded pretty good. They had noisy electronics that became very apparent in the studio (running direct)...but less so live. I wish I'd kept mine and just switched out the guts. That was 20 years ago, and I simply moved on in my search of "The Holy Grail" :(

10. SirMjac28

Thanks this one is pretty quiet I'll check it out with recording I love the tone and workmanship on these I opened the pocket in the case and found all the hang tags and manual this one looks pretty much unplayed.

11. SirMjac28

Man this thing is punchy in both active modes and nice and mellow in passive mode I've always been a fan of the lace Sensor pickups I have zero noise even when soloing the pups I'm in love.

12. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Ha! I was the other bidder on this auction! Good score man! I had been watching it over the last month and knew that when the starting bid was lowered finally it was going to get interest. In the meantime tb'r rogerbmiller offered me one from his collection and when I saw the colour I knew it was the one. (love the pewter burst also) So a win-win!

I started a club thread for this series - join in! http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/fender-plus-deluxe-club-1047869/

[​IMG]

13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congrats. Neat looking bass.

I always put the tags, receipt, chord(s) and Fender Strap in a large Ziploc bag. Then, if I sell something, I have it 'all' and it tends to add or at least retain value.

Folks like the tags & stuff.

14. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

That thing is SWEET! Congrats

15. SirMjac28

lol I figured it was a TB'er but I wanted that bass bad :) I have been looking since last year yours is absolutely gorgeous congrats to you also and I'm in for a club.

16. SirMjac28

Yeah that's the way mine is everything is sealed in a plastic bag it has all the hang tags even an unused Fender sticker the chrome is perfect frets look like they have zero wear on them.

17. SirMjac28

Thanks I'm happy it's one I've wanted to own and I'm happy it arrived in great shape I always cross my fingers until I get it in my hands.

18. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

I had a 5 string version of the same bass in the same color. It was heavy and had a fence post neck profile, but it sounded great. Sold it many years ago. Wish I had it back. It was my first ever 5 string.

19. deeptubes

deeptubes

Man, I've been gassing for a J Plus for years now. Last year, there was one on CL for several months that ended up at $400. Contacted the guy and told him I was waiting on my tax return. "No problem. Let me know when it comes in. It'll be right here." Two days later I got my refund, contacted him, and he said he already sold it. Still ticked about that one. :mad:

20. SirMjac28

Man I hate when that happens I told a kid at Guitar Center to hold one for me I should have known better when he said "sure no problem" it was gone the next day :( I paid a little more than I wanted for this one but I got sick of waiting and this one is worth every penny.

21. SirMjac28

A five string would be sweet and I love this color I wouldn't mine having a car painted in this color.