1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD.. A Tale of Two Teles

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snyderz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

1. Waterstone semi-hollow with a Warmoth neck. Quarterpounder pup. Plays great, sounds great.
    2. Squier CV 50s body with a MityMite neck. I had to turn the rounded heel into a flat heel, and it fit like a glove. I might put an aftermarket pup in it, but it sounds great like it is.

Attached Files:

2. snyderz

full shots

Attached Files:

3. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me. Supporting Member

Those are both very nice. I love the look of Tele basses, glad you like the sound.

Which neck do you prefer? I've started to buy parts for my fretless project, and I was likely going to go with the Mighty Mite, but I've been considering spending the bucks on a Warmoth? Also, I've heard that the Warmoth necks are heavy, I realize it's on a semi-hollow, but have you found that to be the case?

4. snyderz

I like parts basses, and have had several of the brands over the years. USACG, Allparts, MityMite, and Warmoth. Boards ranging from ebony, to rosewood, to maple, to ebanol. I play only flats on unlined boards. Neck dive isn't an issue on that Waterstone. The body weighs almost as much as a solid. I use a Neo strap, with no problems.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FourBanger

FourBanger

My single most-favoritest pickup ever is the Duncan single coil Quarter Pounder. Put one in. Do it.

7. snyderz

That's the exact one I had in mind! I'm going to give this one a shot at rehearsal, and if it doesn't cut it, I'll order the SD.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Cool basses. Congrats, congrats.

9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Very cool basses congrats.

10. bassclef112

bassclef112

Very nice indeed!

I have a Tele with the original neck I bought new in 1970 and a Warmoth body. It was my very first Fender bass.

Though I have a Quarter Pounder in it now I decided to go with the Antiquity II which is based on the 70's version vs the '51 Antiquity I.

Unfortunately my original pickup is no longer usable.

Good luck with those beauties!