1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

NBD again! or: How I have the BEST fiance in the world!

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by TechJunky, Dec 23, 2012.

1. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

So I recently got a Streamer LX 5 a couple of weeks ago, and have been loving it. However, I still have always had an obsession with Stage II (which I own) and P-Nut signatures (which I vowed to own at some point). Well, my fiance and I are out of town with my family, and I knew I'd go to Guitar Center as I always do to mess around. I looked to see what they had online, and lo and behold, they had a P-Nut II in their used department! Naturally, it became my first stop on this trip now.

So I get there, and it's up out of reach. That's not stopping me, so she went looking for someone while I stood guard to verify no one got to it first, and someone came over and brought it down for me. I hook it up and start playing, hoping and praying it's not nearly as good as I'd hoped so I wouldn't be disappointed when I left empty handed. Sadly, that was not the case, and I instantly fell in love. Hands down the best bass I've ever played, and had all the tones I had dreamt it would have! So I keep playing, trying to absorb it all and live in the moment, thinking "there's no way this is going home with me. She would kill me if I even brought up the idea"...but sometimes I forget, she's not like other women. She's significantly better (sorry to all of you with significant others in your lives, but they fall short to her). Before I even bring anything up, SHE starts telling me how we could afford it. Semi-joking, but semi-serious, suggesting what we could sell if I were willing, what we would need to cover otherwise, etc. My god, I couldn't believe it! If anything, I was the one with reservations on the matter...but they were short lived.

This thing is damn near mint! Save for a few little marks on the pickup covers (those kinds of scratches that would just wipe away realistically), there isn't a knick on it. I went over with a fine tooth comb, and it looks absolutely brand new. #21 of 56, and now, she is all mine!!! Sadly, the new LX I just got is going up on the block, along with my Gibson Les Paul (which I'm perfectly fine with since I prefer my Tele by a long shot anyway), but it looks like I'll be keeping my Stage II 4! They are going to be an amazing pair, and with this, I can officially for the very last time say I am 100% done for a very very long time. I've said that so many times before, but I now own my two dream basses, the ones I always compared every other bass I played to, the same ones I always sell every other bass to try to own, the same ones I always said would be all I'd ever need.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by RudeandOffensive, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Holy Crap! You do! That is one incredible bass how do you like it?

3. Joshua Alexander

Joshua Alexander

Congrats on the new bass! It looks amazing!

4. JP Morin

JP Morin

Wow !!! for the bass... and the girlfriend !!! lol ;)

which p-nut is it ??? I, II or III ?? It is very sexy !!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

It's a II (2), my favorite variant. The III is really nice, but I'm not as big a fan of SD Basslines as I am of the MEC's, and I prefer the wood choices of the II. Plus, it's a limited edition, which means nothing, but psychologically makes me feel special! :p

And Means2nEnd, I'm loving this thing! Unfortunately I don't have an amp here (at my parents for the holiday all week, so my stuff is back at the house), but that's not stopping me from playing it all around the house. My brother's dog is here, a huge Great Dane, and she is completely scared of it! She won't come anywhere near me while I play. Cracks me up.

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    TechJunky - Congratulations on a great new bass! I've loved the P-Nut basses since I first picked one up. Talk about punch!! Thats a beautiful example...thanks for sharing, and enjoy!!

8. Buslady7803

Buslady7803

Do not let that lady out of your sight!! I hear about too many guys lamenting how their wives or g/fs don't support their man's music. Keep her!!