NBD aka a dream coming true

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dune2k, Jan 11, 2014.

1. dune2k

dune2k

So this morning I forced myself to get up at 6:40, hopped onto the train and picked this beauty up.
    [​IMG]

Wanted to have a Stingray for something like 2 years and finally had the money to get one. :hyper:
    It originally came with a white pickguard ( :spit: ), which I already swapped. That was a bigger deal than expected since the hole for the pickup was too small and the cut-out for the truss rod adjusting wheel was not there...
    The bass still needs some setup but aside from that plays and sounds as I expected. :)
    Next steps: Tune down to B, find strings I like on it and do the final setup needed. :D Oh, and: :bassist:

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Very nice. I love my StingRay, as much as mine is my "beater" bass, it sees lots of use. The biggest thing I love about EBMM is their consistency, I do not even need to ask how it plays, they all play great.

3. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

That is beautiful! Congrats!!!

I love the black on black with a maple neck. I have a burst Stingray that I put a black guard on. (I put black guards on everything by the way...) I found that the EBMM guard is the only one that fit just right for me. I ordered it from the Perfect Bass. They seem to have the best stock of EBMM guards. (In my opinion.)

Enjoy your new toy.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nice looking bass. How's the weight on the 'Ray?

Just got my first Music Man bass and it is a big change but glad I did it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dune2k

dune2k

Around 4.1kg, now I know why it feels so light compared to my ATK 200...~900g less does make a difference. :D
    The ATK is a nice bass, especially for the money and does the Stingray sound quite nicely, but there is a difference if you're able to compare them both side by side. Still a good backup bass. :)

@drummer5359: I would have ordered at another place (thomann) which would have had the proper pickguard, but it's out of stock atm (and for the next 1 - 2 weeks, maybe more)...well, the one that's on it now fits. Still bugged by some scratches in it (my fault). Might swap it later, but for now it looks ok. :)

7. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Cool, I was just trying to help. It really is a beautiful bass.

I love your quote by the way...

8. dune2k

dune2k

Thanks. :) Just checked the store, seems nice but they don't offer shipping to Germany it seems...Well, waiting for thomann it is then. ;)

Hehe, can't even remember where I got it from. ;)

9. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Probably some bad beer.

Beautiful bass. Congrats.

10. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

Congratulations. Have fun with it!