1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD! Another Fender Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrianToska, Jan 15, 2014.

1. BrianToska

BrianToska

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1389767891.891910.jpg

First bass purchase of the new year! Picked up this 98 MIM Fender Precision for only $250. The only thing wrong with it is a ding on the neck behind the 7th fret. Not really sure what's up with the pickguard. I asked the shop guy about it and he said it was just one they had lying around so they threw it on there. I think I'll keep it :D this is my third P bass and I think I'm falling victim to some serious GAS. Tomorrow a seymour duncan SPB-4 is going in it. I'm also thinking about putting a lefty neck on it that I have just lying around.

Hopefully the pictures work, I'm posting through the app
  2. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

That's the most "out-there" pickguard I've seen in a while.
    Nice find!

Gas strikes us all.
    It's controlling it that's the hard part...
  3. BrianToska

BrianToska

Wait, you can control gas!?

The pickguard is weird but different. I like it.
  4. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Yes, I've mastered the art.
    (Actually, it's because I'm currently a low-income college student...)
    :p
  5. Wallace320

Wallace320

But because I'm divorcin' right now:bawl:

'part for that

Toska... I agree on all your mods... better pickup and you fix the neck ding... simply tossin' it out:bassist:

Thing I can't stand is the guard... unless you're goin' to play in a Kiss, or Wasp, or Misfits, or Lordy tribute band;)

Cheers,
    Wallace
  6. BrianToska

BrianToska

Sorry to hear about the divorce. I'll probably change the guard out later in down the road. This bass is kind of just a throw around bass, a platform for mods.
  7. Jah Wobble Fan

Jah Wobble Fan

Wow, amazing...
  8. BrianToska

BrianToska

Haha thanks