NBD!!! Another Sterling...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Red_Label, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Red_Label

Red_Label

My third NBD in the last month and a half (and probably the last for quite a while).

Used Sterling Ray 34 honeyburst. In very good condition. Got it on Friday and have been playing it ever since. Very comfortable and certainly feels svelte compared to the Ray 35. Really love the tone and feel of these Sterling basses. I think I'll add a thumbrest to each of them, as I much prefer the tone when I play halfway between the pickup and the neck... to when I anchor my thump on the corner of the pickup.

[​IMG]
  2. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Cool!

I'm looking for one of these myself....never see them used locally.
  3. pudgychef

pudgychef

sweet trio! How do you find the nut width difference from the Ray 34 to the Ray 34CA?
  4. Red_Label

Red_Label

The 34 is noticeably wider than the 34CA. The CA is pretty tiny like a Jazz. But I really like both necks. And I even really feel comfortable with the 35's neck. Which is all quite surprising to me as a lead guitar player over the past three decades who's always been very fussy about guitar necks.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Red_Label

Red_Label

I haven't noticed em around here either, but when I get a bass gig I'll sure be playing them out! :)