1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD? AVRI '75 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bmb73, Nov 21, 2012.

1. bmb73

bmb73

Just ordered from Sweetwater. This is my first major bass purchase, and a big step up from the bass I currently have. I am really psyched!

The pictures are the ones of the bass I am getting. Don't have it in my hands yet, but am too excited not to share it.:hyper:
  2. Joey3313

Joey3313

Congrats man! That thing is going to be awesome! Love the bound and blocked look.
  3. bmb73

bmb73

Thanks!
  4. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

5. jamminology101

jamminology101 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Congrats...I have sadowskys version of the same bass(uv70) and can't put it down. U will love the funkiness of the 70s bridge pickup being closer and the ash/maple board. My favorite bass and main gigger...good choice dude
  6. esa372

esa372 Supporting Member

Congratulations!

I have an AV'75; they're really great basses.

Enjoy!
  7. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it!
  8. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

awesome woodgrain. been DYING to try one of these...congrats!
  9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Yeah, congrats! I got one new in 2000, which I think was the second year they were offered. Still have it. Very nice bass, and has always drawn a lot of compliments. Very eye-catching...
  10. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Own one myself and it is the nicest Jazz I have ever played. Everyone has "that" bass (or 2) that they would NEVER get rid of. For me it is the 75. I absolutely LOVE that babe!!!

I would highly recommend a set of DR Black Beauties when you get her....mine looks (and plays) stunning with them on!!
  11. bmb73

bmb73

Very cool. Thanks for the replies! I will definetly post some pics when i get her..
  12. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

(since you just ordered, i'm not going to congratulate you until the near future)
  13. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

used to have one of these, it was the best Jazz I've played
  14. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

I have an actual 1977 Jazz, and if the the new RIs are in fact built nearly identical to originals, you're in for a treat. Congrats!
  15. johnnynitro

johnnynitro

I have one I truly love it !!!
  16. bmb73

bmb73

17. bmb73

bmb73

View attachment 302691

Sounds great! I installed the mutes and am really digging the tone! Playing through a Sadowsky preamp through an ampeg micro vr. What a step up from my MIM!
  18. esa372

esa372 Supporting Member

No doubt!

Last night, I played my 75'RI through my Alembic/fEARful rig - great tone; great feel; great bass!

Congrats, again, bmb73!
  19. MikeyB

MikeyB

Congrats!
    That bass will always be on my GAS list... well... until I actually get one! :)
  20. The Birdman

The Birdman

There was a rumor in another thread here that it will be discontinued at the end of the year, along with the '57 and '62 models, so you may want to hurry if you want a new one.....

I was lucky enough to find a clean used one a month ago, so I am a happy camper!!!! :D It is indeed a great instrument.

Yes, congratulations, bmb73!

Roger