NBD: Black n' Maple Am Spec Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn Captain, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

2011 American special. Apparently the tuners are from a 70's Fender? Can anyone confirm? They work perfectly so I have no complaints. Nice and punchy or warm and clean. I think these are the original fender nickels that came on the bass as they sound pretty dead, but not in a bad way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

3. Guinness20

Guinness20

how liking the special?

4. Gorn Captain

It's awesome. It's set up perfectly and I can't find a flaw on it. Pretty light too. I don't really have a scale but I bet it weighs about 8 pounds. I've only played it for about 10 minutes but I'm taking it to a rehearsal tonight so I'll see how it sounds out of one of those giant ampegs.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Dude! That action is super low!

Yeah... definitely not the tuners that came with it. Hard to tell how old they are, but they sure have a nice patina on them. For sure an upgrade from the '11 stock ones.

7. elBandito

elBandito

They're gotoh tuners.
    GB-29LN

8. Guinness20

Guinness20

Awesome dude! Some people round here aren't massive on the am. spec., but I think it's a cracking bass!

9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Very nice bass I love maple necks congrats and this has to be your sixth NBD this month what's going on? I want you to slow down somebody needs to be the voice of reason here :)

10. Gorn Captain

Ya I know. It's getting out of hand. I'm selling the sg though. I fall in and out of love fast.

11. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U Banned

Great looking bass, congrats! Tuner upgrade along with a quartersawn neck. Awseome..

12. Gorn Captain

I just noticed last night at rehearsal that the neckplate says 60th anniversary. Does this add to the value at all? Is there anything special about the 2011 that the 2010 didn't have?