1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD! - Buscanti Vibe 4 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by N.F.A., May 28, 2013.

1. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Buscanti Vibe Bass Review
    I received the Buscanti Vibe 4 stringer a couple weeks ago. Wanted to give it a good bit of playing time before I wrote a review about it. Here are some of the specs first. The poly transparent blue stained body is made of Swamp Ash. The neck is maple with black trim/binding and has a skunk stripe on the back of the neck. The tusq nut and fretwork are custom. There is a custom cut pickguard from Terrapin guitars. The bridge and clover tuners are from Gotoh. The pups are 2 P style pickups from DiMarzio. (Billy Sheehan model) The chrome knobs are from Warmoth, as are the stacked volume/tone controls. I believe that I have covered the basics.
    The fit and finish of this bass are fantastic and rock solid! Neck joint is tight. Fretwork is flawless and smooth. The piece of wood is particularly resonant, even though it is a bit heavy. The double P pickup configuration, even though it is a passive bass, gives you plenty of tonal variations. Really loving the way the DiMarzios sound. To me, the best part is the neck. It is flat out fast. It plays like greased lightning! It reminds me of a shredder guitar neck. I’m not exactly sure what the profile/radius, etc. of the neck is, but I really can’t stress enough how good this bass is, especially for its price range.
    If you are looking for a custom bass in this price range, give the Buscanti Vibe a chance folks. This bass sounds and plays as good as instruments way more expensive. The neck is to die for! The folks at Buscanti were very friendly and communicative with me throughout the whole process. These pictures are used with the permission of Jeff at Buscanti. Thanks Jeff!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Bump so more people can read the review. These really are worthy basses!
  3. grayn

grayn

Thanks. I really like the look of that bass.
  4. Darren Low

Darren Low

Trans blue swamp ash is sooo good looking.
  5. thedane

thedane

Aside from the fact that it is drop-dead gorgeous!

Nice review - I never really even gave that maker much thought until now.
  6. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lawyer & Hobbist Bass Maker
    Thanks Geoff-

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the bass. The pleasure was all ours.

Jeff
  7. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
    Some sad news about the gent that we used to make our custom guards,

John Polk owner and founder of Terrapin Guitars passed away earlier this year, and I am saddened to hear of his loss. My tribute is below if anyone wishes to read more about this fine human being I have come to trust and respect in the builder industry.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f57/passing-john-polk-terrapin-guitars-1010260/

Live life large friends!
  8. darkstorm

darkstorm

Looks nice. Congrats
  9. GM60466

GM60466

I have a Newport model. It is my everyday bass for the last few years. It out plays most of my store bought basses.
  10. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
    Thanks George. Glad to hear you still like the Newport. I remember you! You own the 5th bass we made. I remember shopping for that chameleon green paint because it took forever to find it. I actually thought it would never be used again. But not true. Our friend stopped by last year asking us to refinish a hacked up Fender Jaguar Electric from the 90's. Now the rest of that paint is gone. :)
  11. Cycho

Cycho

Congratulations on what certainly seems to be a great bass. No doubt it is beautiful!
  12. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
  13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    What exactly IS the price range?