NBD-Candy Apple Red MIM Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chaser1, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Chaser1

Chaser1

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty excited, spent the whole morning shopping and now I have a new bass! I was originally intended to get an Ibanez SR, either a 500 or 750, but after trying about 7 of each and pretty much everything else in the stores I came across a beautiful used 2011 Candy Apple Red MIM Fender Jazz.

It plays fantastic, the strings on it in the store seemed like they have never been changed, but I got a set of DR Low Riders and a black pick guard to dress it up to my liking. With the new strings it sounds and plays way better than it did in the store. I am super excited with my pick up and don't want to put it down!

I posted 2 picks a before and after with the white and black

Attached Files:

2. fjb62

fjb62 Supporting Member

I always like the black or tort pickguard with CAR, nice bass.
  3. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Amazing how big of a difference the Black Pickguard improves the look of the Bass. I never cared for the CAR color. I'm looking to get my first Fender Jazz this year, whether it's a MIM or MIA I'm going to go with the one that sounds best. I think the only reason I'm considering the American is because I'm stuck in that "Pay more, get more" mindset which isn't always the case with an instrument.
  4. pica

pica

Congrats, nice bass. I had a red Squier that I put a tort pick guard on and it really looked good. If you get tired of the white pick guard, something to think about.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Very nice.

+1 for the black guard.
  7. Chaser1

Chaser1

Thanks everyone, I am a huge fan of the CAR on Black PG look. I hadn't thought about it that much. I mainly looked at sunbursts and such, then I spotted an american special on the wall with the same colour combo and it was like a light went off as I was playing it. It played amazingly and the fact that I got it used made springing the extra $40 to get the black PG a no brainer. I am really happy with my purchase!
  8. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations, Chaser! There's nothing like finding a bass that you really love. It looks like a beauty! Hope you have many years of enjoyment from it. I, too, was lucky enough to find a used copperburst Jazz bass with a maple neck this week. I just finished playing it for about three hours tonight. I'm loving it! Let's hear it for Jazz basses!
  9. amoodymule

amoodymule

I picked this 2007? up a couple of weeks ago, the red strings had to go...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Gotah bridge came with it, not sure if that was aftermarket or ? It plays great compaired to all the basses I've tried in the last few months at GC and many other music stores or anywhere I found a Jazz to play.
    The sound and playability was killin' at rehersal, can't wait to play it in a band situation again.

Great lookin' bass ya got there Chaser 1! :D