1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD - Cort Curbow 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RichardCranium, Dec 30, 2012.

1. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

Been in the market for a new 5er lately and had it down to a few choices but all weren't cheap. After considering my options I figured to just save up till I found a good deal or if I happened to trip across something on the road. Which is what happened!

Scored this a couple of weeks ago used in a music store. It's lightweight and has a small body which is a big concern for me as I have the physique of a 3rd grader!

I had to do a little repair on the strap pin holes because of it being a synthetic body and not a wood one. Slapped on some fresh strings and a setup & adjustment and she's good to go!

Soundwise it's Musicman-ish but a bit more modern. The neck is fast and it plays well. I'm guessing the string spacing is 17mm tighter than I'm used to but I'll adjust. It's no Sadowsky or Lakland but it'll do until something better comes along!

[​IMG]

2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Very cool and an excellent color! I wish Cort would release the 6-string version again.

3. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Very nice - cool color!

I've heard Cort, and most Ibanez basses are made in the same factory in Indonesia(?)

4. Sgroh87

Sgroh87

I used to have a 4-string version of the same instrument. Loved the color, weight, and body shape.

5. Register to disable this ad