1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD EBMM Stingray (trans-teal)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grayn, Dec 8, 2013.

1. grayn

grayn

Got this one from a private seller, yesterday. We met up in a car park. I wore the white carnation.
    Well, deal done and now the newbie is home, with me. I've had a quick, unplugged and plugged, go with it and am very pleased indeed. This baby is a year younger than my Honeyburst Stingray, being made in 2002 and it is in remarkable condition. Even the tuner buttons show little sign of ware. I guess this 11 year old hasn't seen a lot of action. Lucky me then. Unfortunately with the day being very overcast, I couldn't get much in the way of a good photo of this beauty. The trans-teal body is defintely richer
    and darker, than the photos show. The only definite change I'll make is, putting my usual brand of strings on it. And maybe, in the future, I'll put a black-pearl pickguard on. Musicman gear always impresses me and I intend to make the most of this impressive bass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

I dig them both!

3. Outsider

Outsider

Nice buy. I like them both! :)

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Years ago I had a Burst just like yours. I slapped a brown tort guard on it and it looked awesome. Unless you're repulsed by tort, you should try it! ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BrianToska

BrianToska

Those are beautiful basses!

7. Crabby

Crabby

Beautiful basses. I love both colors but that Trans Teal is really something! I have a pair of Stingray 4's myself and am just crazy about them.

8. grayn

grayn

That's an excellent idea. Kind of like a jazz bass?
    The PG on the H/Burst is actually cream. The camera's flash turned it white.

9. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

Just for the fun of it, switch the guards on those two.

10. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I love those Trans Teal MM's.

I've got a Honeyburst just like yours as well. I've got a BWB guard on it that looks fantastic.

11. waynobass

waynobass Supporting Member

What would that be?

I once had a teal green Ray that was beauteous. Congrats!

12. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Disclosures:
    student
    :bassist::Dbeautiful fraternal twins

13. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

you can also get clear guards and both of those finishes look awesome with them.

14. xroads

xroads

Now you have 2 identical basses...you really need to diversify and get a P and J bass.

Just kiddin' ...enjoy!

15. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    Really miss my trans teal.

16. joebar

joebar

I would love to find a trans teal SR5/white PU-pearloid/maple neck=holy grail

17. jelwood

jelwood

So nice! I have a much earlier trans teal. It was the very first stingray I ever played and the night after I played it I couldn't sleep! GASed too bad! I went and tried a few other stingrays but they just couldn't match the tone and feel of that one teal ray sitting in the mom and pop shop. 6 months later I had the money and pulled the trigger! So I am a lucky one who can say I own the very first stingray I ever played and the best stingray I've ever played! Enjoy that one!

18. grayn

grayn

I use Elixir Nanoweb. 45-105

19. grayn

grayn

I'm fortunate enough to also own a Warwick Thumb BO4 and two Gordon-Smith Gryphons.

Luv em all.

20. blastoff99

blastoff99

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is that eight-string instrument back center?

21. grayn

grayn

It's an Octave Mandolin (mandola). Basically a mandolin with a much longer scale and body size and tuned down one ocatve. That one was made by Fylde of England.