NBD: ESP Horizon Custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dimeified, Nov 28, 2013.

1. dimeified

dimeified

Hey guys, I won this bass on ebay REAL REAL REAL cheap from a former ESP endorsee, whose band had blown up in the late 80's early 90's. It is an ESP Horizon II Bass built in the ESP custom shop, with a reverse inline headstock.

It had obviously been laying around unplayed for years. The artist had the jazz bridge pickup removed, and installed an EMG-HB (Active P's in a guitar humbucker housing) in the bridge, and pulled the neck P's (which are regular EMG P's). The pickup ring that was used for the EMG-HB was guitar sized, and looked terrible, and there was just 2 25k pots (vol/tone) hanging on to each other by threads for the EMG, which wasnt wired.

Anyway I ordered a new custom pickup ring from Dave @ frets on the net, to completely cover the old J pickup route, and i installed an emg preamp, and a set of active seymour duncan pickups in the neck. This required a phase inverter (bought an emg one for 20 bucks on ebay) because the duncans are reverse phased from the emg's. The bass is in drop C, and has proven to be one of the more exciting instruments in my arsenal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Espresto

Espresto

Looks awesome; the Horizon bass has always been my favorite ESP design. You really gave it new life.

3. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    You`ve bought a bass from Page Hamilton?:)

Nice.