NBD - ESP LTD B-204 SM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by progrmr, Mar 12, 2014.

1. progrmr

progrmr

And a pickup question!

First of all, this thing is beautiful! I'm dropping my MIM Jazz 5 for a smaller more comfortable neck and this is PERFECT!

Question - it has an active EQ - but I think the pickups are passive. I plugged it into my GK MB210 into the active jack and the output is seriously quiet. I think it makes sense for the EQ to just be bass boost and cut but passive pickups.

Is that possible? Or Active EQ = Plug into the Active jack only?

Here's a delicious NBD pic :)

[​IMG]
  2. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

i just plug everything into the passive jack and adjust the gain on the amp as i have need.
    no real need for an active jack, IMO. it likely just has a 10 or 15 dB pad on it.
  3. ROBM700

ROBM700

I am contemplating buying that same bass. Need someone to nudge me. I play at my church and cover all kinds of styles. Would you think a player of 26 years would enjoy this bass? Would need to sell my warmoth p bass, which is good, but I feel like I am playing a boat oar! Thoughts?
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

The pickups are passive plug it into the passive input jack gorgeous bass congrats.
    Staccato likes this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Sundogue

Sundogue

Could just be how much the padding is on the active circuit of your amp. I never use the active jack on any amp, no matter if the bass I'm using is active or passive. I hate the padding.

But congrats on the bass. I own the ESP-LTD B-205SM, and it is a killer bass. Great tone, nice action and a very small neck for a 5 stringer. Killer, and very underrated basses IMO.
  7. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Beautiful bass, this line of ESP LTD basses are AWESOME.
  8. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

I'm really impressed with the ESPs as well. I have the same style but 5 string fretless. I play a fretless and fretted for my church gigs and the active/passive jacks come in really handy when switching between active/passive guitars. I definitely need the -15 db pad for my ESP - very hot pups! Congrats on your bass. I love mine. Did a set up on the 7 basses I own, and the ESP needed no adjustments - so it was good to go right out of the box!
  9. Bobster

Bobster

Awesome spalt!

I've got three Ltd's myself and just love them. Amazing value and quality!

Congratulations and enjoy!
  10. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

^^^ Yes - this is correct.

I love spalt finishes - that's one beautiful bass, and it has an active 3-band active EQ too - what more could you want! Glad you're happy!
  11. vmabus

vmabus Supporting Member

Do it! You will like it!
  12. vmabus

vmabus Supporting Member

Very nicely figured!