1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD - ESP LTD J-205 Jazz Fiver

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Mar 26, 2014.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I took a chance on an ESP LTD 4 string last summer, and absolutely love it. So much so that that I got another one in a 5 after getting the itch to try a 5 again. I love the neck profile (thin U) a lot, they are well made with quality components, feel and sound great. This one is 9 and a half pounds, not too bad for a 5 although I have read about some that approached 8. I have not been able to find anything wrong with either LTD I have now. The ESP stock pickups sound great, and I believe there must be very high quality control on LTD's. What can I say, I am an ESP LTD fan! $ to value ratio is off the charts - try one if you get a chance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Very nice TBL!

I really like the look of these.

How's the string spacing on the J-205? I heard it was sort of tight.

Bob

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, it's 17mm. I like it so far, but I haven't played a 5 in a while so we will see how I adjust. It hasn't felt overly difficult to play. I think I prefer a slightly tighter spacing but we shall see with time. Still, if it doesn't work out and I sell it, I'd get another LTD in a heartbeat.