1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD - ESP LTD J-205 Jazz Fiver

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Mar 26, 2014.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I took a chance on an ESP LTD 4 string last summer, and absolutely love it. So much so that that I got another one in a 5 after getting the itch to try a 5 again. I love the neck profile (thin U) a lot, they are well made with quality components, feel and sound great. This one is 9 and a half pounds, not too bad for a 5 although I have read about some that approached 8. I have not been able to find anything wrong with either LTD I have now. The ESP stock pickups sound great, and I believe there must be very high quality control on LTD's. What can I say, I am an ESP LTD fan! $ to value ratio is off the charts - try one if you get a chance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bobster

Bobster

Very nice TBL!

I really like the look of these.

How's the string spacing on the J-205? I heard it was sort of tight.

Bob

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Yeah, it's 17mm. I like it so far, but I haven't played a 5 in a while so we will see how I adjust. It hasn't felt overly difficult to play. I think I prefer a slightly tighter spacing but we shall see with time. Still, if it doesn't work out and I sell it, I'd get another LTD in a heartbeat.