NBD - Fender Amer. Deluxe Jazz V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by generation zero, Mar 25, 2014.

1. generation zero

generation zero Supporting Member

I think I finally found a Fender I can love...

The new Jazz bass arrived today, and I am very impressed. Only had a few minutes at lunch to mess with it, but it feels solid, and very comfortable to play. Weight is just about right where I like it, balances well, block inlays are very nice looking... The neck joint is nice too, somewhat rounded off, not just the typical Fender style rectangle neck plate. The case is very nice, plush interior and bulletproof latches. Fender even includes a free leather strap and Schaller style straplocks, so I don't even have to stop by the music store on the way home! There's a nice Fender branded cable in there too, that will make a nice spare to keep in the case. More pics when I get it home, but here's a quick snapshot... :)

[​IMG]

Hopefully soon I will get to hook up and try all this new gear out with my amp... I now have the PRS, this Fender, and the new Mesa cabinet... none of which has been used with my amp yet! Gotta fix that soon... should be fun to compare this with the PRS, being new to both of them as far as tone goes. Should be interesting to compare how they sound with no pre-established bias. (I'm pretty sure the PRS will blow the Fender away, though... LOL!) :D
  2. bobalu

bobalu

Love the black & maple! Bet it sounds killer too....:bassist:
  3. meatwad

meatwad Supporting Member

Instant classic!
  4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Nice!! Looks both classy and badass, like Al Pacino in a nice suit!! :)
  5. generation zero

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should go with this one or the natural ash, but I definitely think I made the right call. I can rock jeans, t shirt, and a mohawk, and this is a mean looking rock weapon... Or I could play in a suit and a fedora, and it's total class. The more I looked at the ash one, the more I saw a country band... It was very nice looking, but this one is definitely "me". I dig it. :)
  6. Haji

Haji

That's just about the perfect description. Kinda like Henry Rollins in a tuxedo. :D
  7. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

My word, that's beautiful!!!!
  8. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

I have one in white. Love it! Just wish they would offer the rosewood board with the natural and black bodys.
  9. generation zero

Agreed... a white one with maple would be nice too.

Guess you could always buy both and swap the necks... :meh:
  10. CElton

CElton Supporting Member

They have white with maple board. It's a trans white ash body. Looks great.