1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD Fender AVRI 62 Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapstick13, Oct 18, 2013.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13

Got this in a trade here on TB. I believe it was made in 2006. Best P bass of the 5 or so that I've owned. Took me a couple hours of playing to get used to the thin neck but now I love it. Digging the nitro finish, it looks like it could be 50 years old, but without looking like it was purposely reliced. Maybe its because I'm using DR Sunbeam but this is a lot meaner/aggressive sounding bass than I anticipated. It does have the stock pickup, but this thing growls and has such a rich grindy p tone, not what I was expecting for a vintage replica but I'm more than happy with it because I play aggressive music. I'll be damned if I ever sell this thing. I'll post sound clips soon. Heres some pics...

Attached Files:

2. bobba66

bobba66

3. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

That's beautiful! Congratulations!
  4. Gbass75

Gbass75 Supporting Member

Nice! She's a beaut!
  5. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

yes! the 62 reissue is not just a mo-town bass. that pickup has plenty of grind and rock-a-bility. congrats!
  6. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Sweet. That would kill with the original tort guard back on it.
  7. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Yeah, but the black guard gives it a nice '70s look. Either way it looks great to me.
  8. slapstick13

slapstick13

I took the tort guard/thumb rest off, I know this is not very vintage purist of me haha I just have a thing for sunburst and black pickguard.