1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD! Fender MIJ J-Body/Warmoth "AAA" Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by georgiagoodie, Nov 14, 2012.

1. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the flying monkees show up Supporting Member

'Just got "Pearl" back from my luthier Jason over at Too Many Guitars in Stone Mountain Georgia.
    WOW!

:hyper:

She turned out pretty nice....

*Seymour Duncan Antiquity IIs, stealth under white pup covers (sacrilegious, I know...).
    *CTS solid shaft 250K pots, with Sprague Orange Drop 0.047mf tone cap. All cloth wiring. Gold Swithcraft jack.
    *Warmoth neck with "AAA" flame neck & fingerboard, stainless steel frets, graphite truss rod, satin nitro finish, pearloid block inlays AND PEARLOID BINDING!!!
    *Hipshot Unltralites with D-tuner.
    *Badass II bridge.
    *"Pearl" Pinup laser-etched neck plate.

More photos to come.....

Attached Files:

2. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the flying monkees show up Supporting Member

More photos...

I not crazy about the knobs...any suggestions?

Attached Files:

3. georgiagoodie

More photos!

Attached Files:

4. georgiagoodie

MORE Photos!

Attached Files:

5. IPA

IPA

Wow, that's one hell of a neck. Beautiful.
  6. DJ Bebop

DJ Bebop

That neck :eek:
  7. Silver Blues

Silver Blues

Love it. Is TB making me like Jazzes now?! :eek:

As for the knobs, see if you can find white JB knobs to match the pups, that'd be cool IMO.

What kind of strings?

--Silvie
  8. georgiagoodie

Oh yeah, forgot to tell y'all,,,she weighs in at 7 lbs.-6 ozs.!!!
  9. KyleSerlington

KyleSerlington

how do you feel about the satin finish on the neck? i recently got a warmoth neck in satin and it doesn't even feel like there's a finish on it
  10. georgiagoodie

I like it! Very smooth. No sticking. Yes, it feels like the next best thing to smooth velvety, broken-in raw wood.
  11. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

pretty sweet bass, although the gold pearl control plate is a bit much. i prefer a .022mf cap over a .047mf as it lets more mides through to my ears and isn't as dark sounding. that is an absolutely killer neck though.
  12. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

Very lovely!
  13. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Good looker for sure! I would have gone with darker blocks and binding, but that's just me. And a chrome control plate.
  14. Kilometers

Kilometers

Amazing looking bass. That pinup plate is a really fantastic touch. It ties together everything.
  15. georgiagoodie

Thanks for all the comments!
    I've decided to change out the knobs to the Allparts Heavy Knurled Chrome Barrel knobs. They have a "jeweled" look to them, and they have a solid feel.
  16. Silver Blues

Silver Blues

+1. Very nice.

--Silvie
  17. georgiagoodie

'Looks like the photo of the pinup neck plate didn't pass the censors.
    Oh well, she is a cutie!
  18. DJ Bebop

DJ Bebop

It did :)
  19. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Wow, Bling City! Congrats on a cool bass.
  20. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Had you described it with no pics I probably would have said yuck! But seeing it is all the difference. Enjoy!