NBD Fender P Bass Lyte

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Saskatune, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Saskatune

Saskatune

I bought a beautiful 1996 black P Bass Lyte from Bass Northwest, in Seattle , and it is on its way to me--as we speak.

I just checked the FedEx site, and it just left Memphis for Canada. That through me for a loop, but then I checked and Memphis is a major FedEx hub and almost everything goes there first.

I used to have a P Bass Lyte years ago, and I almost was able to buy it back, but it didn't work out. So....I've been on the search for one for the past year. This one looks pretty nice, and by Thursday I'll have it in my hand. :hyper:

I will attempt to post a picture....

[​IMG]

2. Saskatune

Saskatune

Oops, picture didn't work....

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Congrats I love those basses.

4. temmrich

temmrich Supporting Member

They really are great. Especially a good pawn shop find. I've seen a few of them go for under $200. Which is ridiculous for the quality and playability. And oh so light.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Saskatune

Saskatune

I just got my lower back fused this winter, so the light factor weighs heavily....

7. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

8. Saskatune

Saskatune

9. temmrich

temmrich Supporting Member

Looks to be in great shape. I how you like it. I find them very desirable, especially for the price.

10. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Supporting Member

That is a dandy base for $400.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Black is the color to get, too. Mine's white and I wish I'd have held out for black. Did not care for the pickups at all, but the bass itself is terrific. Nice fast neck, nice light body.

12. Duplo42

Duplo42

Hijacking the thread for a bit since it's kinda similar bass - in Georgetown Music Store (bout 10min ride from Seattle downtown) they have this beauty - http://georgetownmusicstore.com/5/post/2013/12/1985-fender-jazz-bass-special-49500.html - I've played it couple of times and in 20years of playing bass it's my favorite Fender so far.
    Oh, I'm in no way connected to the store, I live in Europe right now lol but I was visiting Seattle for a while and had to get some extreme discipline going NOT to buy the bass.
    Btw, nice bass you got there Saskatune!

13. Saskatune

Saskatune

Very nice. Maybe nicer than mine. I've never played a fretless though...

14. schecter5string

schecter5string

I love my P Lyte! 96 model in burst, I believe its tobacco? I really don't know what it's called, but it's the only burst they did.

15. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

If you want to rip out those frets, PM me. You can gladly borrow my fret pullers, I probably have some wood filler left too. ;)

Nice score.

16. jstar

jstar

Fantastic. I love that store, and I'm lucky to live within walking distance.

17. Saskatune

Saskatune

If I lived within walking distance, I'd be having to declare bankruptcy. It would be too hard to stop myself... I'm not sure how you can resist.

18. jstar

jstar

It's easy, everything in there costs more than I have in my checking account on any given day, so even if I tried...