NBD: Fender Precision Deluxe Passive

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JDLowEnd, Mar 20, 2014.

1. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

So my guitarist had this bass laying around his house for a very long time. I have 3 precisions right now and this one just felt right to have. He gave me a great deal. It's an earlier MIM precision deluxe without the active preamp. Has sd basslines for the precision and jazz pickups. As you can see the pole pieces are pretty rusty so I'll have to clean that up. The bass needs to be set up, cleaned up, and some new pg screws. The thinner neck profile is kind of cool, I'm excited to set it up and go! I also like that vintage style bridge with the threaded saddles...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Great basses congrats.
  3. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

Thanks, I can't really find a lot of people who have the passive ones, only one video on YouTube. It will be nice to have the jazz for when I need it
  4. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

The MIM Precision Special was a passive P/J setup with a Jazz neck. It's not really a deluxe. The Deluxe are ALL active.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. KyleSerlington

KyleSerlington

i had one of these basses 10 years ago. i got it used on ebay for about $350 or so. i was a senior in high school and had always wanted a fender with a maple fretboard so i got this and while it sounded decent i had some issues. i remember not liking the vintage style bridge. this is actually how i learned about intonation, it was way off on this bass. i ended up selling it after only owning it for about 7 months
  7. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

It says DELUXE right on the headstock.

I had one it was the 2nd bass I ever bought, I was 16 and rode my bike to the store and paid $450. It was my first fender and it was black. I threw a black guard and badass II on it.

I sold it a year later to get my first car:bawl:
  8. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Nice bass! Probably sounds great, especially with those pickups. I had one of the short lived California series P bass specials a few months back. Extremely similar to this bass, same color, gold pickguard and PJ setup. Only differences were a maple fingerboard and that it was "Made in USA" but as with the Highway Ones, take that with a grain of salt. Enjoy your bass!