1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD--Fender Starcaster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by walldaja, Feb 7, 2014.

1. walldaja

walldaja

Got one! Love the contrasting sound versus the Fender Modern Player Jazz V.

Attached Files:

2. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    These look fun. Tried one at NAMM and was surprised how heavy it felt for a semi-hollow.
  3. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

Very nice!
  4. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Nice looking instrument--hope you enjoy it!
  5. Bobster

Bobster

That rocks! Play the snot out of it!
  6. MakoMan

MakoMan Supporting Member

Congratulations! Please give a full review once you've had a chance to mess around on it. I am very interested in one of these!
  7. basspedaler

basspedaler

nice & natural! I got a cherry burst right before christmas. it was gorgeous and really well made. I say was because I loved everything about it but the tone. I tried, but ultimately conceded to let it go..
    my ibanez artcore is a tasty hollow, and my VM tele special has that same 'bucker as the starcaster but it's deeper and mellower on the big slab.. I hope you love it. I think they really came up with a groovy bass that no one else dared to do!
  8. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I got one just like it a few weeks ago. I love it. Love the neck, small frets and poly finish on the fingerboard. The neck feels easy like a short scale but the large body and the placement of the bridge make the overall length feel like a normal scale bass.

The binding was digging into my arm so I added a classical guitar armrest. Might get some rosewood knobs to match. Sorry for the crummy cellphone photo.

[​IMG]
  9. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I've yet to play one but like the concept & look. This one and the Jaguar bass were good moves by the design team at Fender.