1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD--Fender Starcaster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by walldaja, Feb 7, 2014.

1. walldaja

walldaja

Got one! Love the contrasting sound versus the Fender Modern Player Jazz V.

Attached Files:

2. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Firemelon
    These look fun. Tried one at NAMM and was surprised how heavy it felt for a semi-hollow.

3. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

4. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Nice looking instrument--hope you enjoy it!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bobster

Bobster

That rocks! Play the snot out of it!

7. MakoMan

MakoMan

Congratulations! Please give a full review once you've had a chance to mess around on it. I am very interested in one of these!

8. basspedaler

basspedaler Supporting Member

nice & natural! I got a cherry burst right before christmas. it was gorgeous and really well made. I say was because I loved everything about it but the tone. I tried, but ultimately conceded to let it go..
    my ibanez artcore is a tasty hollow, and my VM tele special has that same 'bucker as the starcaster but it's deeper and mellower on the big slab.. I hope you love it. I think they really came up with a groovy bass that no one else dared to do!

9. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I got one just like it a few weeks ago. I love it. Love the neck, small frets and poly finish on the fingerboard. The neck feels easy like a short scale but the large body and the placement of the bridge make the overall length feel like a normal scale bass.

The binding was digging into my arm so I added a classical guitar armrest. Might get some rosewood knobs to match. Sorry for the crummy cellphone photo.

[​IMG]

10. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I've yet to play one but like the concept & look. This one and the Jaguar bass were good moves by the design team at Fender.