1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD Fender Sting Reissue-My First P Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vernhillbass, Dec 29, 2013.

1. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

Just picked up a Fender Japanese Reissue Sting bass. My first impressions are very good. It's very punchy, has a really fat thump and does what my Lakland 44-02 can't do (as well). Very nice fret work, neck has a beautiful feel and thinner than I expected. The only bugaboo is the noise when it's not grounded by my fingers. The original owner had the pick guard painted black and I like the look vs. the OEM white. Looks like control cavity shielding job and maybe a tort pick guard are the next things on the agenda. If you have one of these or a 51 reissue, let me know what you have done to yours. I tried to explain to my wife that it's Pino Paladino's fault that I had to get a P Bass but she just said, "Who's that?".
  2. G-MonRV5

G-MonRV5

Congrats, man. I hope you enjoy it.