1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD - Finally a Fiver

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by aRandomAggie, Dec 31, 2013.

1. aRandomAggie

aRandomAggie Supporting Member

I worked pretty hard this year, so I decided it was time to reward myself by adding a five string back to my stable. Wife agreed with me, so I picked up this little beauty from James at The Perfect Bass: A Sky Blue EBMM Stingray 5! James is a great guy to work with, and gave me a great deal on the bass. I ordered the bass yesterday, it shipped out yesterday afternoon, and FedEx dropped it off today (WOW!)

Anyway, blah blah blah. I know why you clicked on this link:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photos don't do this color justice, 'specially with my crappy iPhone pics. It has a nice pearl shine when in direct light. This is my first EBMM, and everything I've ready about their quality seems to be true. I definitely feel like I got more than my money's worth with this one!
  2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self! Supporting Member

Congratulations! I loved getting a 5-string. Once you get used to it, you will too.

Until you get used to it, be prepared to forgive yourself for a lot of mistakes! LOL
    It will be worth it, trust me!
  3. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog Supporting Member

Oh wow, very nice!
  4. garp

garp

I like your bass. And I like your wife. :p
  5. aRandomAggie

Thanks for the compliments!
    Lazylion: I played a 5 string almost exclusively in college; sold that one and upgraded, but never got comfortable with the neck profile of the new five. Started playing fours, sold the five a few years ago, and never replaced it. So it's a bit like learning to ride a bike again...:D

garp: that makes two of us. I'm a lucky guy...when she asked me how much this bass cost, I told her, and she just said "oh, that's not too bad." Guess I have a winner! :bassist:
  6. Red_Label

Red_Label

VERY NICE!!! Congrats!

I'm a long-time lead guitar player and HATE big necks (I have small hands).

But the Sterling Ray 35 that I picked-up several weeks ago is just awesome and could not feel more comfortable to my left hand. I LOVE this beast!!! I've since added a Ray 34 fretless and just added a fretted Ray 34 a few days ago (haven't got it yet though).
  7. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful
  8. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Enjoy!
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congrats! I'm celebrating a new Big Al 5'er.

So far, it's all great.
  10. huckleberry1

huckleberry1 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    student
    Congrats, Bro- nice choice sound and color wise...
  11. Musicman20

Musicman20

Wow!! Nice.
  12. pfox14

pfox14

Well we both added 5-ers to our arsenal. I just picked up a MIM Fender Jazz 5. Congrats on yours.
  13. Blueinred

Blueinred Supporting Member

Just beautiful. You won't have to worry about gettin' lost in the mix with that stud.

Now the only thing you have to work on is which shirt(s) to wear with it to set it off!
  14. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Love that color!
  15. aRandomAggie

You're supposed to wear shirts when you play??? :p
    Kidding. When I keep my shirt on, everyone wins.