NBD: First fretless! A Dean E-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by swamp_bass, Mar 28, 2014.

1. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

...and I didn't even buy it! I went to the music store with my wife to pick up some supplies, and lured her over to the bass section to noodle around with the nice toys. I've been teaching her some basslines and she's shown interest, so I always get her to pick up and play with basses when we're in stores.

Well, she saw the fretless and got hit over the head with a strong case of GAS. Her ear is better than mine, and she's always loved the sound of fretless. This one fit her hands and sits on her leg perfectly, and she found it intuitive to play even though it has no lines.

[​IMG]

She picked up some flatwound strings on her way out, and she's practicing Supremacy by Muse. I hooked her into an LMII and a 410 Hydrive, and she's grinning each time the roof rafters buzz.

The best part? I now have a fretless!!! :hyper:
  2. zontar

zontar

Media:
    Albums:
    Cool!

I hope you both enjoy it.

Fretless basses can do that to you.
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

That's so very cool nice looking bass and now you can benefit from your wife's GAS talk about a win win!!!!!
  4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

The secret to life is contained within this thread.

"Happy Wife, Happy Life".

I love when things work out like this! VERY cool looking bass BTW. Nice to have a fretless with 2 pups too.
  5. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

The tone of those EMG pickups is really sweet. I can't wait to hear it with flatwounds. I tried to convince her of the argument that what's hers is mine, but being a woman she didn't quite understand such a logical argument. ...well, she's gotta sleep sometime!