NBD!!! First fretless!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Nov 3, 2012.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Title says it all. Bought myself a birthday present today. Wishbass #1240. Great player. nice fat neck. great tone even though its an emg select J pickup. Volume/input. Neck through, and string through body.
    Such a nice warm tone, and the bass itself was 199.99 CAD plus tax.
    I am really happy with this purchase and i know that there is hate against wishbass on here but this must be an exception. SOOOO NICE! Only con is a quiet g string ;) but once i find a flat head screw driver, i'll play with the pickup height. Im pretty sure that this is a 35" scale bass.
    http://s1105.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jamersonburton/media/20121103_134252.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    http://s1105.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jamersonburton/media/20121103_134059.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media:
    Not a big fan of the Wish stuff myself, but if this is your first encounter with fretless bass I'm sure you will get a lot of pleasure out of playing this one. Enjoy!

3. grisezd

grisezd

The only bad I've heard about Wish is the quality of the last few steps (sanding, finishing, drilling holes in a straight line, etc). Honestly those steps of the process are the least fun for me too, so I'm sure he's happy to let that slide and charge a bit less for the bass. Looks pretty good, have a blast with it!

4. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

Careful....fretless is addicting.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 49sfine

49sfine Supporting Member

No hate here! Looks like you scored a nice Hipper model on the cheap. With a little TLC, that bass could be spectacular. I own 3 Hippers, so I know what they can be/do. Congrats! You should share it with the guys over in the Wishbass thread, BTW ...

Here's a couple of shots of my rare Hipper (#1041) - it's purpleheart, fan fretted, 5 string (E-C), and medium scale. I had to put a ton of work into it to make it what it is now, but it's been worth it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

Congrats! I can see the appeal in these basses. Very cool!