NBD: Franken P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mktrat, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Mktrat

Mktrat Wait. What?

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I finally own a Precision Bass.

I've had a spare loaded neck for a few years living in the back of my closet, and I stumbled upon a pretty sweet loaded p body. Thinking I was keeping the Levy's strap and flipping the body. I decided to put this this together upon my 2 year old daughters insistence. She couldn't figure out why it was "broken" even when I tried to explain it to her. So, just for her (I swear :D), we assembled it together. She actually was quite interested.

We strung it up with some lightly broken in Chromes I got from a nice Canadian TBer a few weeks ago. Ponytail elastic for a string retainer (I ordered a regular one).
    Classic old school tone. Being a devoted Jazz bass guy, party of the beauty of it is the simplicity. One pickup, One Volume, One Tone. Instant happy ears!!

I think I am finally starting to understand the mystique of the P Bass. And I don't think we'll be selling this one anytime soon.

[Don't you love her decoration (ponytail elastic band) around the knobs?]

2. Buskman

Buskman

Congrats - looks good!

Yup, there's something about a P that just feels/plays/sounds... right. :)

Enjoy!

3. kcole4001

kcole4001

Someday that little angel might want to learn to play that frankenP, so you had better keep it around!
    :)
    I kinda like the elastic around the knobs, I may use that on my 4003 instead of switching to one pickup and turning that one down I could turn down both volumes with one motion....

4. Mktrat

Mktrat Wait. What?

With two volumes it would work great. I never even thought of that. She just wanted it there. Volume and tone though? It was frustrating last night cuz she got upset anytime I took it off.

She is my musical princess. She can play whatever I got when she gets older (or we'll get her something else).

5. Register to disable this ad