1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD: Franken P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mktrat, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Mktrat

Mktrat Huh? Supporting Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I finally own a Precision Bass.

I've had a spare loaded neck for a few years living in the back of my closet, and I stumbled upon a pretty sweet loaded p body. Thinking I was keeping the Levy's strap and flipping the body. I decided to put this this together upon my 2 year old daughters insistence. She couldn't figure out why it was "broken" even when I tried to explain it to her. So, just for her (I swear :D), we assembled it together. She actually was quite interested.

We strung it up with some lightly broken in Chromes I got from a nice Canadian TBer a few weeks ago. Ponytail elastic for a string retainer (I ordered a regular one).
    Classic old school tone. Being a devoted Jazz bass guy, party of the beauty of it is the simplicity. One pickup, One Volume, One Tone. Instant happy ears!!

I think I am finally starting to understand the mystique of the P Bass. And I don't think we'll be selling this one anytime soon.

[Don't you love her decoration (ponytail elastic band) around the knobs?]
  2. Buskman

Buskman

Congrats - looks good!

Yup, there's something about a P that just feels/plays/sounds... right. :)

Enjoy!
  3. kcole4001

kcole4001

Someday that little angel might want to learn to play that frankenP, so you had better keep it around!
    :)
    I kinda like the elastic around the knobs, I may use that on my 4003 instead of switching to one pickup and turning that one down I could turn down both volumes with one motion....
  4. Mktrat

Mktrat Huh? Supporting Member

With two volumes it would work great. I never even thought of that. She just wanted it there. Volume and tone though? It was frustrating last night cuz she got upset anytime I took it off.

She is my musical princess. She can play whatever I got when she gets older (or we'll get her something else).