1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD - G&L L-2000 Tribute

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Outsider, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Outsider

Outsider

Hi

NBD! I ordered this bass a few months ago (yes, months). It's finally here. Turns out that G&L isn't popular in South Africa.

It's a nice addition to my P, J and Ray that I have (all 4 black!).

This s my first time playing a G&L. I really love all the options that are available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ack

ack Supporting Member

I have the same bass (although mine was made in Korea in 2008) with a Maple fretboard. The L2kT is a real solid bass that has plenty of tonal options. I've had mine since new in 2008, and I can't remember the last time I had to even touch a tuner.

Congratulations, I think you made a great choice. The Black/Rosewood looks great.

3. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

That's a beauty! With a P, J, Ray and G&L you pretty well have all the "basses" covered! :ninja:

Congrats!

4. DannyBob

DannyBob

Really want to get one of these! Glad you're enjoying yours (he says through gritted teeth and filled with jealousy ;))

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BadJazz

BadJazz

Media:
    Albums:
    Good score. I have a Tribby L2k and I play it more than either of my USA-built L2ks. They do it all, and well, for a very good price.

7. ewe2

ewe2

Lovely! I have an SB-2 but now I'm looking hungrily at a blueburst tribute L-2000. Fortunately there's 1 dealer in Australia!

8. GeorgeBerlin

GeorgeBerlin

There seems to be a sort of irregularity both in the wood grain and color around 2nd fret. Is it real, or just visible in the photo? Never seen anything like that.

9. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I think it's a difference in the finish, satin on the back of the neck for comfort. The grain itself seems to line up fine. Beautiful bass, grats!