NBD - Guild B-30E Acoustic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MakoMan, Mar 15, 2014.

1. MakoMan

MakoMan

Finally found a Guild B-30E locally after keeping an eye out for the past year or so. It's got a few scratches, certainly not mint, but plays perfectly.
    Thus far I would have to say this is exactly as advertised. Much more volume and bass tone acoustically than any other acoustic bass I have owned previously. Also sounds very good plugged in. And it's a short scale!!
    I think the best part was, it was surprisingly affordable. Without naming an exact price, I paid $50 more than what I sold my Takamine EG512 for 6 months ago. And the Tak didn't come with an original hardshell case. I would not say I stole it, but it was one heck of a deal :D

Attached Files:

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Congrats and you definitely got an awesome deal it's one of the most sought after acoustics out there.

3. MakoMan

MakoMan

Thanks! It really was a heck of a deal. It even came with the original bill of sale, owner's manual and warranty card.
    It was one of those situations where it had to go and if you were willing to drive to the middle of nowhere and make an offer you were going to get it. The seller was very motivated and very reasonable. Fortunately I too live in the middle of nowhere so it was a fairly short drive for me.

4. Max Blasto

Max Blasto

Hey! That's fantastic.
    You're definitely going to love it. I still feel that it's the best of the ABGs.

Let us know how you like it after you've had a chance to tear it up a bit.
    :bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. blindrabbit

blindrabbit Supporting Member

This thread makes me miss my old Guild. Never should have sold it. :crying:

Enjoy your new bass, and hang on to it! (Or, PM me if you want to let it go. :D )

7. MakoMan

MakoMan

Thanks folks!
    Been playing it most of the day and it definitely has tone unplugged. Much more bass and volume unplugged that any other acoustic I have owned.
    In the playing position it does not feel anywhere near as big as it looks. Also it looks fantastic. My wife can be skeptical at times on my bass purchases but she thinks this one is the cat's bum. It's pretty impressive.
    Couple of things... it looks like it was strung by a stoned chimpanzee. There are so many wraps it is almost unbelievable and the D and G strings are on the wrong tuning pegs. I can't switch the D and G back because the D string is now cut too short. Still plays fine and the strings are like new, so I'll just get around to it when I feel like it.
    Sounds good plugged in as well, although I would not say it sounds appreciably better than any other decent acoustic/electric bass I have owned. It will do the job plugged in, but I really bought it for it's unplugged capabilities.

8. dalkowski

dalkowski

Love the burst! I have the same one in natural and it's everything you're discovering it to be.

Now I just need my long-sought Squier Vista MM and we can be twins!

9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Gorgeous bass I was looking and ended up getting the new Martin bcpa4 but I would trade it in a heartbeat for a nice Guild.

10. MakoMan

MakoMan

Looking at your profile I can see we have the same taste in basses :D
    You find that Vista and I find an Allen Woody and we'll really be twins!

11. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

DAMN! That sounds like a hell of a deal! I've had my eye out for B-30 ever since I played one in a shop in Vermont back in the 90's. Budget and priorities have kept me from pulling the trigger on one on a couple of occasions. The most recent was perhaps 3 years ago, when I came across a dealer from Alabama at a guitar show that didn't want to drive that bass back home from Philadelphia.

Anyway, enjoy your B-30!

12. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy! I had one for awhile (B30NT), but wasn't wild about the shape of the neck. Other than that it's an awesome acoustic. I have some extra sets of Guild ABG strings if you're interested ...