1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD: Hagström 8-stringer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rune Bivrin, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Yesterday the mailman (after long last) delivered my new bass:

[​IMG]

It's a Hagström HB-8 Transparent Cherry. I've yet only had time to play with it briefly, but it sure is fun. The difference from my 5 -string Yamaha is quite striking: More strings (but less, somehow), narrower neck and shorter scale. I'm heading for Jack Bruce territory now! :p

Attached Files:

2. Noot

Noot

Looks very cool. I think Joey diMayo from Manowar plays 8 string (main+octave) bass.
  3. trevorguns

trevorguns

I have the black one. I love it, but that 7-way switch had to go... I set it up with a Thunderbird pickup at the neck and it sounds monsterous now!
  4. woodyng

woodyng

Congrats! These are cool basses,i especially love the headstock,a work of art,really!
    The only thing i wish is that it were long scale.
  5. Chadrtc

Chadrtc

I have one... It's a nice piece for the low price but setting the intonation is an absolute nightmare on it. I've wrestled with it for 3 years now and still never quite got it in a state where it can be recorded. The way the saddles are shared between 2 strings means its a constant state of compromise.
  6. CiceroProfundo

CiceroProfundo

Could you tell me the size of the through body string ferrules please? I've the same type bridge that I'm going to use on an 8er build. Needs to be strung through the body and I want to make sure I get the correct size ferrules.