NBD! Has anyone ever seen a bridge like this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FloridaSam, Jan 3, 2014.

1. FloridaSam

FloridaSam

I stopped by the local used gear shop today and found this modified Squier P Bass. Normally an Affinity P wouldn't do much for me but the combo of the giant brass bridge, Rio Grande pickups, black guard and a killer neck with some flame made me pick it up. The amazing setup and easy play made me not able to put it down. It sounds and plays as well as any P I've ever played. Sounds great unplugged and the Rio Grande sounds even better plugged in.

Anyone have a clue where this bridge came from? It was installed perfectly and I love the way it looks. Even has brass pick guard screws.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

3. FloridaSam

FloridaSam

Damn that was quick. Thanks!

4. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

They used to be over $100 new when Wammi World had some left in stock. I'm sure they're worth more now. I'd also be willing to bet those brass screws are made by Kahler. They made a bunch of brass hardware for Fender from 1979 to 1982.

http://www.wammiworld.com/Fender.php

That's all around a pretty cool bass. I'm not surprised that it sounds great.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FloridaSam

FloridaSam

Thanks for the info. It was an impulse purchase at $130.00. I think I done good?

7. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

No...you didn't. You got ripped off. And since I hate to see a fellow TB'r get ripped off, I'll buy it from you for the same price.
    Seriously though, great looking bass and it's worth every penny if it's a great player with killer tone.

8. electracoyote

electracoyote

Sometimes the planets align.

Yes, you done good.

9. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

Ah, and the linked page answered a question for me as well... there's no particular reason not to make a metal pickguard for a solid-body bass.

Thanks!