1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD - I have seriously the greatest girlfriend in the world.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zentner, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Zentner

Zentner Supporting Member

So a few weeks ago I found this 1980 Musicman Stingray for sale, and although I absolutely loved it and the price was right, AND I'd been looking for one for quite a while... this year I told myself I am going to save some $$ for a house amongst other things. I decided it would be better to let someone else have the joy of such a great bass at a really fair price. I called the store a few times to see if anyone I knew had bought it, and eventually last week it finally sold.

I was having a really rough day on Monday, it was our anniversary, and she decided to surprise me with it. I know everyone who works at the shop, and they all knew she had bought it for me- it was a total surprise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess I need to buy an engagement ring now.... ****. ;)
  2. Silver Blues

Silver Blues

That's a real nice story, and great bass! Now go play the crap out of it :bassist:

--Silvie
  3. Road Bull

Road Bull Supporting Member

4. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    My wife has always been supportive of my playing as well. Several years ago, she bought me a Sennheiser wireless for my birthday and last Valentine's Day she bought me a new MIA Fender Jazz Deluxe.

It makes playing in a band a lot easier when your wife or girlfriend are willing to buy gear for you.
  5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:
    Too cool for school!
  6. StevieMac

StevieMac

That’s just awesome dude. She’s a keeper for sure.

The bass is super sweet too :bassist:
  7. Zentner

Thanks guys!

(and yes, it has new, correctly installed strings now, and the original white guard back on it :))
  8. dmusic148

dmusic148

Yes, yes you do. Before one of us finds out who she is and attempts to steal her from you. Very nice indeed.
  9. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Supporting Member

Ok, so lets have some pics of the girlfriend please. Otherwise I would think that the story is made-up
  10. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Wow, that's in pretty good condition for a thirty-three year old bass! Congrats!
  11. Fourstringsonly

Fourstringsonly

Does she have a sister?
  12. dave64o

dave64o Gold Supporting Member

Yep. No doubt her way of saying, "Hey, you better wake up and propose soon - or else!". :D

She definitely the one. Do it.
  13. Zentner

She's on the right. :D

Yes, she has a sister (on the left), but she's preeeetty married. :)

[​IMG]
  14. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

Great story and a nice bass as well! My life would be miserable without my wife of 17 years, and it seems you've got the same type of girl there yourself ;)
  15. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

Oh yeah, she bought you a MM and she looks like that? Definitely a keeper.
  16. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Yes, you do!
  17. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

No!!! Say it ain't so! It's a travesty to change black/black/maple to black/white/maple! Put that black one back on!

Okay, I'll calm down now. It's your bass, so it's all good... ;)
  18. parsons

parsons

If you ever decide to get rid of either, Ill take them both!
  19. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

To true, I mean come on she suprised you with a freaking 1980 MM stingray! thats badass, If all else was good I would be using the money I saved from not buying the bass to grab a ring.

Sounds like you have 2 keepers!
  20. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

Beautiful woman that put your wants ahead of hers? I would RUN not walk to the nearest jeweler. And don't cheese her on the ring. Use your aforementioned bass kitty and save up until you can buy her something nice within your means.

I have been married to the same woman for 20 years. I am only sorry that it took me so long to figure out that I had hit the lotto and didnt even know it.

She has supported me in everything that I ever wanted to do in life.

A 33 year old bass has soul. Play it with same love and passion that she has shown you.