1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD - Ibanez SRX2EX2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crusher47, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Scored a new (to me) bass cheap off Craigslist.... Ibanez SRX2EX2 in white w/black binding with HSC. Body in excellent shape, but strings were dead, battery was dead, intonation was waaaay off and needed a good cleaning overall....
    [​IMG]

Headstock shot...
    [​IMG]

Replaced with a fresh battery, gave it a thorough cleaning, gave it a setup with nice low action and corrected the intonation, slapped on a fresh set of GHS tapewounds in black....looks and sounds killer now (forgive my cheap camera pics)...
    [​IMG]

Headstock shot (Don't mind the Les Paul posters in the background)...
    [​IMG]

Back...
    [​IMG]

Closeup of body (I really need to upgrade my camera)...
    [​IMG]

2. Very cool! A guy I went to highschool with had one of these in a trans black with cream binding, it was a very nice bass with an aggressive sound.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Thanks! I was thinking of stripping the back down to bare wood and keep it as a "white top" but since it's Basswood, not sure if the grain pattern is "pretty enough" to be showed off....plus it looks killer as is........ unless I look for another SRX2EX2... :)

:(