NBD Ken Smith KSD Burner 6 (B-stock)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, Dec 5, 2012.

1. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I ordered a B-stock Ken Smith KSD Burner 6-string from zZounds for $749. It arrived today. There are a few dings in the body and a small ding on the tip of the headstock, both of which had already been disclosed on the website so I had no surprises. Even taking the few bumps into consideration, I'd say the bass is a solid 7.5 out of 10.

The shipment arrived on time, so no problems there. The packaging, I'll give zZounds a 4 out of 10. It arrived in an instrument box simply stuffed with crumpled up paper. The box arrived with a few holes. It could be either they re-used an old box, or maybe the bass might have one or more dings extra.

In any case, I like the bass & will be keeping it. It has a nice wide neck like my Warwick Thumb BO 6. Great tone!

[​IMG]

2. bassbenj

bassbenj

Great bass and great deal! I've got a 6er almost like that in blue burst. If yours is anything like mine I can assure you that even after years of playing it, you will STILL be constantly amazed at just how great a bass it is! Mine was used but oddly the dings on the headstock seem to have all been put there by me! We'll call it mojo.

3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

4. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    Congrats on your new bass. Decent price too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. El-Bob

El-Bob

Are the tuning keys gold, and the rest of the hardware chrome, or is it just the picture that makes it look like that?

7. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

All the hardware is gold. I suppose I don't have proper lighting in my music room. The camera flash must have made them to appear chrome.

8. bass4worship

bass4worship Supporting Member

Sweet bass, nice top. Enjoy it.

9. El-Bob

El-Bob

Cool! Well, it looks great, congrats! :bassist:

10. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Thanks!

11. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

12. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Actually I hadn't even realized it has a top. Only re-reading this post made me take a closer look. The body & top are pretty much seamless, which is why I thought it was just a 1-piece body.