1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD: Kinda

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bray101, Dec 30, 2013.

1. bray101

bray101 Supporting Member

Put together a Matt Freeman style P Bass a week or two ago, but after finding out the vintage style tuners didn't fit and the neck I bought was a lot flatter than I like, I decided to part out my Sunburst P and use some of it for this project.

Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Neck (Diamond plate on back on headstock) with the Squier VM Body I used on the Freeman. 62 RI Fender pickup with CIJ Fender Jaguar Bass tuners. Tort Pickguard was on the sunburst when I bought it, and I think it's a Fender as well. Super happy with this one, as I like the neck a lot more! Also, I just couldn't deal without the taller vintage keys.

Only change I am going to make is put a Gotoh 201 Bridge on it that I have at my rehearsal space. It's still attached to a jazz body I'm trying to sell and I haven't got around to it yet.

Sounds huge with the new pedalboard I just put together through my GK Fusion 550/Neo 412, as well as my Acoustic 370/Sunn 215s.

Very happy!
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388443741.465598.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388443772.747912.jpg

Attached Files:

2. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Disclosures:
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    Congrats! I love white with the tort guard.
  3. bray101

Thanks!

I do too. Very much. I had a black one on there with the Freeman copy, but I can't stand a black guard with a rosewood neck.
  4. Geni758

Geni758 Supporting Member

Lovely, and in my favorite color combination too! Enjoy.
  5. bray101

Ha. It's slowly becoming mine as well.

Thanks!