1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD: Kinda

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bray101, Dec 30, 2013.

1. bray101

bray101 Supporting Member

Put together a Matt Freeman style P Bass a week or two ago, but after finding out the vintage style tuners didn't fit and the neck I bought was a lot flatter than I like, I decided to part out my Sunburst P and use some of it for this project.

Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Neck (Diamond plate on back on headstock) with the Squier VM Body I used on the Freeman. 62 RI Fender pickup with CIJ Fender Jaguar Bass tuners. Tort Pickguard was on the sunburst when I bought it, and I think it's a Fender as well. Super happy with this one, as I like the neck a lot more! Also, I just couldn't deal without the taller vintage keys.

Only change I am going to make is put a Gotoh 201 Bridge on it that I have at my rehearsal space. It's still attached to a jazz body I'm trying to sell and I haven't got around to it yet.

Sounds huge with the new pedalboard I just put together through my GK Fusion 550/Neo 412, as well as my Acoustic 370/Sunn 215s.

Very happy!
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388443741.465598.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388443772.747912.jpg

Attached Files:

2. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Disclosures:
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    Congrats! I love white with the tort guard.

3. bray101

Thanks!

I do too. Very much. I had a black one on there with the Freeman copy, but I can't stand a black guard with a rosewood neck.

4. Geni758

Geni758

Lovely, and in my favorite color combination too! Enjoy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bray101

Ha. It's slowly becoming mine as well.

Thanks!