1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD (Kindof) ESP LTD D6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gerryjazzman, Feb 8, 2014.

1. gerryjazzman

gerryjazzman Supporting Member

After a bunch of research and trips to Sam Ash and GC to find a 6 string that is comfortable for me to play I finally settled on an ESP LTD D6. I was up in the air between this and the B206 (was only able to try the B206 in the store), but finally setlled on the D6 primarily because I figured the 34" scale and neck through would help make it the easiest for me to play.

First the Good

Needless to say I made a good decision. This thing plays like "buttah". I also think it looks fabulous. It came out of the box what seems like a good setup, neck looks straight, just enough relief to make it play well with reasonably low action. B string seems good, considering the strings that come stock on it (Cleartone?). Was really looking forward to hitting the woodshed with this and work on some 6-string chops. :bassist:

The Not so Good

So I noticed that the treble control basically does nothing. Bass and midrange controlls have a very wide range of control. I thought maybe loose wire, bad solder joint? So I opened the control cavity to take a look at the pots, wiring, etc. Could not see anything obviously wrong. Soldering looks fine, I checked the in-circuit pot resistances with my DVM for B, M, and T controls and were all the same. Wires seem to plug into the preamp but the plugs look partially potted so it didn't look like I could try re-seating the connector.

I'm a bit bummed at the moment. I really like the bass and want to keep it, but I'm thinking I just need to send it back for an exchange (ordered online from zZounds. They are here in Jersey so I was able to get it in less than 2 days). Has anyone experienced anything similar with the LTD's that have the same electronics? :crying:

Obligatory (crappy cellphone) pic or it didn't happen:

[​IMG]
  2. ShowKing

ShowKing

I'm sure the replacement bass would be just as good, if not better. I'd be bothered by the treble control not working too.