1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD! Kramer Pioneer Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by leegreenman, Sep 13, 2013.

1. leegreenman

leegreenman

Picked this up at a local GC for 399 bucks. It was on police hold, so I had it on Layaway for the past couple of weeks. Anyone else have one of these? I was looking for a P J bass when I came across this. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1379113974.160617.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1379114013.068235.jpg
  2. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

nice, and on the island.

I've posted this photo before, but my first bass was a Kramer Pioneer. Great bass.

[​IMG]

Enjoy yours!
  3. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

Great basses. I've got an early one with just the single Jazz pickup at the bridge. Did yours come with the original case? They are nice cases.

[​IMG]
  4. leegreenman

leegreenman

No case with mine. According to a vintage Kramer website, I think the bass is from 80 or 81.
  5. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

You can look at the pot date codes and get a general idea of the date too. Plus it has the Fender headstock like the early ones had. I love those large brass strap buttons on these basses. Mine had a pickguard mounted to it at one point.....
  6. leegreenman

leegreenman

Yeah, I saw from the pictures. These are very cool basses. I feel like it was a steal for 399. Plays like a much more expensive instrument. Gotta do a little more research on these....
  7. millsbass5

millsbass5

Those basses are from the REAL Kramer era. Meaning QUALITY. I bet that J pup jammed against that bridge, along with the fat sound of the P pup gives 'em a nice, articulate, defined tone. I bet they'd sound really nice with active electronis.