1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

NBD! Kramer Pioneer Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by leegreenman, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Picked this up at a local GC for 399 bucks. It was on police hold, so I had it on Layaway for the past couple of weeks. Anyone else have one of these? I was looking for a P J bass when I came across this. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1379113974.160617.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1379114013.068235.jpg

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    nice, and on the island.

I've posted this photo before, but my first bass was a Kramer Pioneer. Great bass.

[​IMG]

Enjoy yours!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Great basses. I've got an early one with just the single Jazz pickup at the bridge. Did yours come with the original case? They are nice cases.

[​IMG]

5. No case with mine. According to a vintage Kramer website, I think the bass is from 80 or 81.

6. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    You can look at the pot date codes and get a general idea of the date too. Plus it has the Fender headstock like the early ones had. I love those large brass strap buttons on these basses. Mine had a pickguard mounted to it at one point.....

7. Yeah, I saw from the pictures. These are very cool basses. I feel like it was a steal for 399. Plays like a much more expensive instrument. Gotta do a little more research on these....

8. Those basses are from the REAL Kramer era. Meaning QUALITY. I bet that J pup jammed against that bridge, along with the fat sound of the P pup gives 'em a nice, articulate, defined tone. I bet they'd sound really nice with active electronis.