1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD Kubicki Owner AT LAST!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Macrocosmcwh, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Well.... not quite NBD yet... But it is paid for and shipped! I cant wait to get it!!!

After trying to find a good one the past few months I finally became a Kubicki Bass owner! And on top of that I found a fretless. It is a post Fender one Serial number 2079 02/90

I will post more pictures of the bass when I get it!

Here are the pictures from the CL ad...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should be here in a few days! I just cant wait!!! I am so so excited!

I love finding things like this! What a SCORE!!!!

2. Garrett151

Garrett151

Mar 23, 2011
    I know what you're going through right now all too well. I had to wait two weeks for my new bass!

3. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Ive never seen it in fretless, KOOL! COngrats

4. I hate to post this.... But I gotta tell someone!!! 850.00 shipped!!!!!!! I feel like I won the lottery!!!!

5. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    That is a very good price. Now you might be able to afford sending it to Phil. For somewhere south of $400, he will refurbish it. All new fasteners, buff the body, recondition the board and check out all the electronics.

Either way, you are in for a treat, enjoy.

6. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    About 10 yearts ago I was at Jax Beach and happened to wander by the Pavillion there on the beach and heard music. When I got to where I could here the mix well I was blown away by the bass player's tone and chops. I finally got close enough to see that he was playing a black Kubicki through mic'd SWR cab. He absolutely crushed it.

I'd say you picked up a sweet ride. Congrats !

7. :hyper:I think that most of us have had things in our life that were "Kubicki" moments... For me it was the Stu Hamm poster that I had from Guitar Magazine that I had for so long that the corners were I pinned it up on my wall were gone from use.... Listening to a local band called the "Warren Commission" where the bass player played on a Kubicki... After all when the coolest cars growing up were the Lamborghini Countach and the Vector... This was the only bass that was anywhere as cool as those cars. I am so happy to have reached the point in my life that I can get one... and was persistent enough to get one.

Anyway... I am super happy!
    :hyper:

8. It's in Phoenix! Lol I can't wait!

9. cliff78

cliff78

Jul 24, 2006
    Florida
    It's a Fender Kubicki not a post Fender. Fender made them from 89 to 91

10. Ummm not "Pre" fender.... It IS POST Fender.... After they took over.... ;)

11. DrDAV14

DrDAV14 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Houston,Tx
    Congrats,
    You will love it. NEVER part with it. They are becoming more rare by the day. Phil is THE master!

12. Thanks.... I don't think I ever will,... I waited my whole life for it!

13. So I went out to the UPS local pickup to get my "new" Kubicki, only to find out that they don't open until 8:30!!! Bummer!!! Ihop is close I will wait....

14. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Disclosures:
    Should never have sold my NS CR4M...
    Those are cool basses, man... Congrats!

15. Hahaha. No pic, no IHOP! Lol. Congrats on the new bass!

16. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

Jul 18, 2012
    Davenport, Iowa
    I hate waiting on the brown trucks, I'm doing that today. Nice bass!

17. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1359997047.258465.jpg
    Couldn't be happier!!!! A little rust on the pickup screws and some on the neck screws.... But so excited for the Muah!