1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD! - Lakland Skyline DJ-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zhollywood, Feb 5, 2013.

1. zhollywood

zhollywood Supporting Member

Just picked up a new Lakland Skyline DJ-4 in the beautiful Lake Placid Blue. Originally I was going to order the limited Trans Burgundy available from BassClub in Chicago but as soon as I saw this in person at my local shop, Bass and Beyond, I was in love. Plus, the owner gave me it for a great price. I've never been a fan of LPB basses but this one is exceptional! It plays like a dream and the workmanship is outstanding.
    What do ya guys think?
    :bassist:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Daveydude

Daveydude Supporting Member

Sweetness!

Good luck with it.....
  3. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    IMHO - The Best passive Jazz Alternative out there...if Lakland offered more colors..some white blocks on maple..man o man...

I had one, and stupidly unloaded it as I have 3 Jazzes already. What a mistake.

Great score.
  4. zhollywood

Thanks guys! I was blown away by the fretwork. The new Skylines are all Plek'd before being sent out and it definitely does make a major difference. I've always been skeptical of how much of a difference the process makes but holy hell does it make a nice player!
  5. totallywink

totallywink Supporting Member

Very nice! That bass is on my GAS list...
  6. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I like how the top left corner of the pickguard sticks out to the left like that. Very classy.
  7. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars
    Congrats. I used to have GAS for one of these!!!
  8. ShowLow

ShowLow Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Beauty! I recently picked up an '07 in LPB and it is a deep-talkin' marvel. Try it with flats, say La Bella or TI. Awesome. Pretty light for a jazz. The neck is nice, the color is lovely.

Every time I think I might sell a bass (like the DJ4 for example), I play it. Then I don't want to sell it any more! :help:

Congrats. Be sure to post in the LOG thread.
  9. zhollywood

I was thinking about trying some flats but am kind of nervous too! I just put my first set of flats on my hollowbody EB-2 copy. Maybe within the next few months I'll build up the courage! Flats took me a little bit to get used to but then again I only use my hollow body for slow bumpin fat, grooves.

On a side note, I haven't heard too much about people modding the DJ's. What are some pretty popular upgrades? Nearly every post I see pretty much keeps it original unless if they add a hipshot or the J-Retro. I can't find any info on people who have tried new pickups or even new pickguards for that matter.