NBD! - Lakland Skyline DJ-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zhollywood, Feb 5, 2013.

1. zhollywood

zhollywood

Just picked up a new Lakland Skyline DJ-4 in the beautiful Lake Placid Blue. Originally I was going to order the limited Trans Burgundy available from BassClub in Chicago but as soon as I saw this in person at my local shop, Bass and Beyond, I was in love. Plus, the owner gave me it for a great price. I've never been a fan of LPB basses but this one is exceptional! It plays like a dream and the workmanship is outstanding.
    What do ya guys think?
    :bassist:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Daveydude

Daveydude Supporting Member

Sweetness!

Good luck with it.....
  3. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    IMHO - The Best passive Jazz Alternative out there...if Lakland offered more colors..some white blocks on maple..man o man...

I had one, and stupidly unloaded it as I have 3 Jazzes already. What a mistake.

Great score.
  4. zhollywood

zhollywood

Thanks guys! I was blown away by the fretwork. The new Skylines are all Plek'd before being sent out and it definitely does make a major difference. I've always been skeptical of how much of a difference the process makes but holy hell does it make a nice player!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. totallywink

totallywink

Very nice! That bass is on my GAS list...
  7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I like how the top left corner of the pickguard sticks out to the left like that. Very classy.
  8. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    Congrats. I used to have GAS for one of these!!!
  9. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Beauty! I recently picked up an '07 in LPB and it is a deep-talkin' marvel. Try it with flats, say La Bella or TI. Awesome. Pretty light for a jazz. The neck is nice, the color is lovely.

Every time I think I might sell a bass (like the DJ4 for example), I play it. Then I don't want to sell it any more! :help:

Congrats. Be sure to post in the LOG thread.
  10. zhollywood

zhollywood

I was thinking about trying some flats but am kind of nervous too! I just put my first set of flats on my hollowbody EB-2 copy. Maybe within the next few months I'll build up the courage! Flats took me a little bit to get used to but then again I only use my hollow body for slow bumpin fat, grooves.

On a side note, I haven't heard too much about people modding the DJ's. What are some pretty popular upgrades? Nearly every post I see pretty much keeps it original unless if they add a hipshot or the J-Retro. I can't find any info on people who have tried new pickups or even new pickguards for that matter.