NBD: Martin BC15E

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by velalv, Dec 3, 2012.

1. velalv

velalv

Hi All:

Even though I have been a working adult the better part of 10 years and in my mid 30's, my father graciously wanted to get me a new bass for Christmas even though he is a man of very, very humble in means. As many of you know, I have been after an acoustic bass for a while.

I tried convincing him to just get me a Takamine or Boulder Creek acoustic bass, but he refused (somewhat angrily), saying he wanted to get me a sweet instrument that could last a lifetime and told me to get the most expensive acoustic they had at Southpaw, and ended up getting this Martin (which I had wanted) from Southpaw as an early Christmas present. Apparently, it had been purchased a few years earlier, and the person traded in to Southpaw to get another.

I had spent a lot of time with the Martin acoustic basses when I visited Houston twice this year and loved them, so this was not a sight unseen purchase.:hyper:

Took it to my luthier who gave it a thorough once over and declared it good. Jimmy told me that this was the only Martin lefty that had an upgraded gloss top, and also gave me a great deal based on his remembering some conversations we had earlier. Light bass, beautiful tone. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment. :bassist:

Ok, enough droning, more pictures. No more acoustic bass threads from me (I think).

http://www.southpawguitars.com/b15.html

Attached Files:

2. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

Awesome story, and awesome bass! It's huge for parents to support the musical endeavors of their children. Always love it when my parents do mine, and I will definitely support those of my children.

Congrats!