NBD: Mayones Jabba 5 Super Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Moesle, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

I'm not one to usually post when I get a new bass, but this damn thing has me more smitten than I've been in a long LONG time. I've been pretty hooked on jazz basses the past 6 or so years after a period of Stingrays, Modulus Quantums, Kubicki's, etc. The jazz bass has just been speaking to me the past several years.

ANYWAY, I've been extremely happy with my 2008 Fender American Standard 5 jazz and P5. I saw a "for sale" post on here recently with one of these Mayones Jabba 5's, and I loved the look, figured what the heck. The sale fell through, but I was able to find a brand new one online at an incredible price. It arrived today:
  2. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

If we do not see it, it didn't happen...:rollno:
  3. stepswork4me

stepswork4me Supporting Member

Super jealous!!! This is the only jazz that I truly want.
  4. Eric Moesle

Sorry the lighting is so bad and my phone's camera washes out the color..... (and excuse my bedspread...)

Attached Files:

5. stepswork4me

I hate you.

Kidding. Congrats.
  6. Eric Moesle

This thing is truly amazing. I've played (but never owned) NYC Sadowsky's, and they have NOTHING on this thing. Plays like butter right out of the box. One string needed intonated just a tad, but other than that it is dead perfect. Sweet, punchy, and the lowest action I've ever touched, and I've had my previous instruments Plek'd.

Hand made in Poland. Basslines pickups (not the optional Delano's), and the stock preamp is Vol-Vol, stacked Bass/Treble and passive tone, with an active-passive switch. Has Hipshot ultra-light tuners, altough most internet shots show heavy "standard Fender-type" tuners. Weighs 10.2 pounds on the scale, the exact same as my 2008 Fender American Standard Jazz V.

These things must be the best kept secret on the planet....

Here's a stock internet photo that shows what the finish REALLY looks like in person. VERY deep....

Attached Files:

7. stepswork4me

Also, one of the few J's with 24 frets.
  8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

Damn! That's one ugly bedspread! :p

MM