1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD: MIJ Aerodyne PJ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shrigg, Apr 11, 2014.

1. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Just traded for this 1994 MIJ Aerodyne PJ. It's the first Aerodyne I've ever seen and I really like it! A tasteful previous owner changed out the pickup covers for cream to match the binding, nice touch. Pickups are stock and I have no issue with them. Pots area silky smooth and the tone cap works well. This bass plays super smooth and just sounds RIGHT, much better sounding than any of the 84-87 Jazz Bass Specials or blackface E serial P Bass and PJ Basses I've had. On all those other basses I felt the need to rip out the pickups right away. Not this one though. I had no idea Aerodynes were this nice and I'm really glad the trade offer came my way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2cooltoolz likes this.
  2. Lupob6

Lupob6

that is an awesome looking aerodyne, those pickup covers really bring it all together

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

This is just gorgeous love the bindings on these basses I think it's the sexiest bass fender has ever made.

4. jbd5015

jbd5015 Cool cars & Bass guitars Supporting Member

SICK!!! i really love those aerodynes! have you seen the japanese market versions? they dont use the strat-o-jack and i think it helps with the cleanliness of the bass. the only fender ive liked without a pickguard for sure, and black with the cream binding is so classy.

mjac is on the money with the looks. ive always been drawn to these over a black jazz...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tbone76

Tbone76

Aerodynes are a sexy looking bass, for sure. I'm also digging the white pup covers. Nice grab.

7. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

8. bobalu

bobalu

9. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

10. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

I threw on my favorite set of Labella Deep Talkin Flats 760FX's that I've moved from bass to bass for the last 4 P Basses I've had.
    Instantly turned this bass 100% VINTAGE!

For real, it feels like reconnecting with an old friend: I stupidly sold my P Bass a while back and have felt a void ever since. This bass scratches that itch!

11. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Congrats and well done, Shrigg! My 'Dyne was my very first bass and it has had a serious impact on my taste in basses, mainly in the "P/J configuration" and "vintage fretboard radius" departments.

Enjoy the Hell out of it! :bassist:

12. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Believe me I am! The neck is slim and fast with a 0.83" 1st fret thickness, feels VERY close to the 65 Jazz I sold for $7500 a few years back.

These Aerodynes are an incredible value!

13. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

wow that cream plastic really does set it off...man oh man

14. DannyBob

DannyBob

Nice, but the fact that the pup covers on the bottom picture show them to be slightly out shade-wise with the binding, I would prefer black. But that is just my OCD

15. Herrick

Herrick

Very nice!

I used to own an MIM. The recessed jack is a plus.

16. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

I too dig the recessed jack, very cool and unique. I always liked that feature of Strats

17. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Wow, that's really beautiful!! I wouldn't have thought I'd like the cream covers, but they really work on that bass. Congratulations!!

shrigg likes this.
  18. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Boy I am now regretting getting rid of mine. Those pup covers make it look totally awesome!

19. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Nice. Mine's on a fedex truck. The wait is killing me.

20. superheavydeathmetal

superheavydeathmetal

Yeah, those are some seriously sexy basses. I'm glad Fender doesn't make a left-handed version of this black pickguard-less variation because it has saved me money (although the lefty Aerodynes they do make are pretty gorgeous, too).