1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD! MTD Kingston Heir 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GG-Thunderbird, Nov 26, 2013.

1. GG-Thunderbird

GG-Thunderbird Supporting Member

I was getting a custom 5 string bass built by a local luthier who ended up screwing me over in the end. But after all the hell the last week has provided, it came to an end today with the arrival of this beauty. I picked it up here in the classifieds from Gabriel51 and I gotta say that he went above and beyond to make this one of the best purchases I've done on TB.

I cannot even begin to say how much I love this bass. I own an MTD Kingston Z4 and owned a Z5, and this bass blows both of them away. I have only now put it down after having and playing for 3 hours straight with my band. It plays incredibly well, and the asymmetric neck that MTDs are famous for makes it a very easy play all the way up and across the neck. The electronics are stock and for this bass they really work compared to the other MTD Kingstons I had. On the Z4, I always felt they were useable, but missing a certain something. On this though, it's not an issue. I get a great music man tone out of the bridge pickup and a nice deep tone from the neck. Combined it's like heaven. Through my rig, I've finally found the sound I've been looking for with this bass. It's deep, it's clear, and has the presence it needs to sit well in the mix.

Here it is lying next to my Z4 and then another pic with the rig.

Attached Files: