1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD... Of a sort.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rip Topaz, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    A few years back a friend unloaded some basses and guitars on me, all in varying degrees of disrepair.

One of the instruments was a 1987 BC Rich NJ Series Warlock bass, with completely fried electronics. Seriously. They were BLACK. Not sure how it died. Anyway, this bass was dirty and all the once gold hardware has grown tarnished and flaked as the years went by. Or something like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After cleaning as much as possible, I swapped all the hardware for new, all black hardware. Set everything up, and I have a half decent player.
    [​IMG]
    Still gotta tweak it a bit and find some black knobs that I like, but it ain't bad. I play mostly P-basses but it will be fun to break this out from time to time.

It weighs 10.5 pounds, so it won't be out often.
  2. Andy D

Andy D

Did he fry the pickup as well, or is it OK?
  3. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    The pickup is fine. I replaced everything else and it works. No idea what caused the burnt pots.
  4. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Oh, and here's the headstock with the new tuners.
    [​IMG]