1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD: Parts Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mfbolton, Jan 17, 2013.

1. mfbolton

mfbolton Freelance Bassist Supporting Member

I actually finished putting this together a couple weeks ago, but just now got around to taking some photos.

A Wildwood Guitars Precision body, finished by MJT Aged Guitar Finishes in Creamsicle Orange (my name for the color). Fender Vintage series Precision pickups and electronics. Allparts bridge. Fender pickguard. Neck from a 50's Fender Roadworn P Bass. I won the body, full loaded, on eBay, and picked up the neck through the Stratosphere eBay store. I put the neck on and strung her up with some D'Addario Chromes.

I was originally planning to more work assembling from multiple sources, but got lucky when I won the preloaded body.

The finish and aging work on the body and hardware is great! Check out the photos and see for yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a link to more pictures: Photobucket album

Here is a link to a video where I am using the bass: YouTube video

Not the color I had in mind originally, but I could not be more happy with the way it turned out!
  2. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

That is one sexy P bass. I love the color,maple board,p-guard and all. It is one on the better relic jobs and it looks like true/real relic. I had a 70's P that had some real relic spots like yours so it was done right.
  3. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

Very sharp. I love that color!
  4. braud357

braud357

Very nice ! But, (my opinion) - I would like it better with a white pickguard
  5. tabdog

tabdog

I like it. I like the black pickguard also.

Tabdog
  6. mfbolton

Thanks everyone. I've thought about an aged white pick guard, and may pick one up at some point. I've also seen some wood pick guards on eBay that might be cool.

I'm really happy with this bass. Plays great and sounds great!
  7. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Nawwww..stick with black!
  8. shirojiro

shirojiro

I LOVE this bass.

Awesome job. Great look. I bet it sounds great too.

I'm more than a bit jealous.
  9. highway

highway

that neck looks awesome . . . black on orange is amazing as well!
  10. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

I wouldn't have thought I would like orange, but with that neck and black pickguard it's awesome. Great Job!!
  11. Lo-E

Lo-E

It does look great, but creamsicles are orange and white! Sure, orange and black look great, but orange and white would look delicious!
  12. bh2

bh2

Wow!... That's super!
    More mojo than Mr Mojo from Mojo Town.

Bet it plays nice.
  13. mfbolton

Thanks for all the compliments. I love this bass, it plays and sounds amazing. Volume pot has gotten a little scratchy in the past few weeks, but I'm sure I just need to clean it up.
  14. mhaze

mhaze

I'm late to say that is an awesome color combo. Love that orange with the black pg. Congrats!
  15. Anthony Fury

Anthony Fury Supporting Member

Awesome color + relic job = AMAZING!!