1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD: Pawn Shop Score

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BryanM, Jan 27, 2013.

1. BryanM

BryanM Supporting Member

I was at the pawn shop yesterday and they had a late 90s Ibanez SR400 on the wall marked at $90. I asked to play it and the action and feel of it were phenomenal and it had a nice tone unplugged. I asked to plug it in and while the clerk was getting a cable to do so, the other clerk mentioned to me that the preamp in it is bad, so they're just trying to get what they paid for it. $40 out the door and from taking it apart it looks like I'm just gonna have to swap out a Pot off the preamp.
  2. Liv3rman

Liv3rman

Bargain. Nice one dude!
  3. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother. Supporting Member

No pics?
  4. BryanM

BryanM Supporting Member

I'll post pics later, it looks like any other black SR400 I've seen but it is purdy. I'm debating whether I wanna replace that Pot or just run it passive.
  5. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother. Supporting Member

Go passive. :)
  6. TexasTodd

TexasTodd

Wow, great deal
  7. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59

AWESOME!!! Congrats on you killer score. Gotta love great pawnshop scores. Get that baby working and play it hard.:)