1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD- Peavey content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ken R, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Ken R

Ken R Supporting Member

As the title says, New Bass Day!:hyper:

But, I am confused, sort of. :help:
    I just bought a Peavey Millennium BXP. Used, of course, but in pretty good shape. However, when I first saw it, I assumed it was an Axcellerator. Then I looked at the headstock. This bass is a great player, 18V active, the knobs are volume, pan, and a stack knob for bass and treble. I searched a bunch, here and on google, but I didn't see another like this. Is this a frankenstein, or did Peavey make one like this?
    Either way, I am happy with this purchase and I will add this one to the Peavey collection.

Ken R

Attached Files:

2. Ken R

Ken R Supporting Member

more pix

Attached Files:

3. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

Definitely an Axcellerator body with a Mill BXP neck. IIRC, the Axcellerator is 35" scale, while the Mill is 34" scale. That will make intonation a problem.
  4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

I am quite sure that my USA Milennium had 35" scale. Are the BXPs different?
  5. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Yes, the BXP Millennium has 34", the US Millenniums have 35" scale.

The OP's bass is definitely a Frankenstein. Though I do believe that the Axcelerator was a 34" scale. At least mine is.
  6. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

I double-checked the Peavey manual and it lists the Axcellerator 5 as 35" scale. However, the manuals have been known to be wrong on occasion.
  7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

My Axcelerator is a 4, so it's possible that the Axcelerator 5 is 35" scale and the Axcelerator 4 is 34" scale.
  8. klejst

klejst

Very nice, I like that color.
  9. Ken R

Ken R Supporting Member

Yep, intonation seems to be an issue.:meh: I don't have a 34" scale body or a 35" scale neck sitting around doing nothing, so it looks like this will be returned. BooHiss! :mad: